HR Manager - Soho House Stockholm & Copenhagen Opening 2022
Come and Join the Team for this fantastic Opening adventure within the Creative Industry in Stockholm and Copenhagen.
Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
At Soho House the People (HR) Manager will be a strategic business partner as well as report to the General Manager of the property(s) responsible for. The People Manager will be primarily responsible for the daily maintenance of company policies, procedures, and practices including recruiting, benefits and employee relations. Such deliverables include but are not limited to ensuring legal compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker's compensation, unemployment, training programs, implementation and administration of policies and procedures, and all employee relations such as team events, parties, morale maintenance as well as coaching, counselling, progressive discipline, and terminations.
* Strategic business partner to local leadership, helping to manage all training and development for staff
* Partner with the People & Development team on process improvements for Soho House & Co. growth.
* Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget, as well as develop an appropriate Learning and Development bud get for the House each annual year.
* Communicate and implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance to all employees.
* Instruct, train and ensure management staff knows how to interpret and comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, background and reference checking of all Soho House personnel
* Recruit, interview and recommend exempt and non-exempt personnel; Conduct audits when necessary to determine employee status.
* Maintain employee benefit programs and employee engagement initiatives.
* Set-up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations and annual increases.
* Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as hire, transfer, promotions, etc
* Implement, participate and monitor induction and orientation programs and develop managers/supervisors for future advancement.
* Establish and maintain safety incentive programs as well as ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOPs.
* Monitor and analyze turnover reports and use data metrics to understand trends with hiring.
* Maintain Employee of the Month/Year Program, and all other employee relations programs.
* Practice positive employee relations, including maintaining a positive morale and a genuine, upbeat work environment
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
* Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
* Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
* Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
* Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
* Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge
* This position will oversee HR across both Stockholm & Copenhagen. So we are looking for someone who has experience and understanding across both countries ideally. You will be based in either Copenhagen or Stockholm with frequent travel
* 5+ years of progressive Human Resources management experience in the hospitality or related industry or a bachelor's degree preferred
* Experience with HRIS, payroll, and Applicant Tracking Systems
* Experience with compensation benchmarking and working with variable compensations such as bonuses
* Familiarity with employment law and experience with employee investigations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills is imperative
* Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of employment and labor laws in Israel
* Proven ability to manage teams through effective leadership skills
* Detail oriented, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
* Skilled and experienced at difficult decision making
|Posted on:||05 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Human Resources / Recruitment|