We're seeking great minds like yours to help us build the next-generation in database technology. Join the team that is helping the world's most sophisticated organizations transform their industries by harnessing the power of data.
As an Intern you will collaborate closely with full-time engineering mentors on either an existing project or a new project. In both cases, you'll do work that matters and gain practical software engineering experience. Interns are fully integrated software engineers who spend the summer pushing code, working on (COMPANY NAME)'s products, internal tools, and more.
This program is open to students with Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency expecting to graduate in the next 12-24 months. The internship will last 10 weeks from late November to early February, full-time.
The right candidate for this role will
* Be in the process of receiving a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
* Have a solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
* Be proficient in C programming or a comparable high-level language, or have the desire and willingness to learn.
* Be genuinely interested in (COMPANY NAME) the company and be excited to use (COMPANY NAME) in a project, if you haven't already
As an intern, you will work with the Storage Engines team in the Sydney office.
The storage engine is the component of the database that is responsible for managing how data is stored, both in memory and on disk. The storage engines team builds and maintains the infrastructure that provides durability guarantees and concurrent access to data on a single (COMPANY NAME) node. Our software is written in C, with an extensive Python test suite. We're looking for motivated individuals ready to take on new challenges, share their ideas and contribute to the WiredTiger codebase.
When working as an intern you will
* Learn how databases manage data storage and retrieval efficiently
* Learn agile processes and workflows, contribute to code reviews and participate in sprint planning
* Collaborate with fellow interns and team members to design and implement solutions to interesting and complex software problems
* Improve and strengthen software engineering best practices
* Produce high quality, commercial-grade code
* Work alongside a highly collaborative and talented team in a fun and friendly environment
*(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer*