Every month, millions of people across the world are downloading (COMPANY NAME) to transform industries and build amazing apps that are used everyday. We believe that making data easy to work with allows our users the opportunity to free their genius and create something world-changing. The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and (COMPANY NAME) is at the head of its disruption. Join our team and help us Think Big, Go Far this summer!
We're seeking curious minds like yours to collaborate with full-time engineers, learning standard development methodologies and gaining practical software engineering experience. Interns are fully integrated software engineers who spend the summer pushing production-level code to make lasting contributions to our products.
Our opportunities in Barcelona are on our Sharding and Storage Execution teams. The (COMPANY NAME) Sharding Team builds infrastructure and tools which abstract difficult distributed systems problems from the database users, freeing them up to just focus on working with the data itself and not where it resides. Meanwhile, the Storage Execution team is responsible for researching & developing new algorithms for storing data, maintaining the current API for (COMPANY NAME)'s pluggable storage engine interface, and providing the framework for managing transactional access to the data stored on a (COMPANY NAME) instance. As a result of this, the projects delivered by both teams are highly visible and are typically some of the flagship features for each major (COMPANY NAME) release.
What we are looking for in you
* In the process of receiving a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
* Have a foundation in computer science theory, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
What you'll find at (COMPANY NAME)
* The option of working remotely or out of our office in Barcelona
* A workplace culture where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work - we believe that Embracing the Power of Differences is the best way to broaden our own perspectives and foster innovation
* Hands on mentorship from (COMPANY NAME) employees who are passionate about developing your skills and helping you grow
* Membership within our Affinity Groups where you can gain mentorship and learning opportunities from employees with a shared background or common identity
* Impactful projects where you can Make it Matter - your meaningful work will see the light of day
* Insight from groundbreakers in tech, including our executives and department leaders through networking events
* A fun community of fellow interns to spend the summer with and attend social events, hangouts, and games nights
* A chance to see if (COMPANY NAME) is where you see yourself long term with the possibility of receiving a full time offer at the end of the summer!
We provide interns with work-life balance through a flexible culture that includes a ton of great perks and benefits. From paid time off and paid company holidays, unlimited snacks in the office, a Headspace meditation app subscription, and even complimentary fitness and yoga classes, we are committed to your well-being!
(COMPANY NAME) internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 10 consecutive weeks lasting from June until August. You must be able to provide evidence to the Company that you are entitled to live and work in Barcelona and expect to graduate in the next 12-24 months.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your Campus Recruiter.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer.
|Posted on:||05 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||9 months|