About the job
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At (COMPANY NAME), we're passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you're looking for an ambitious team that's revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the (COMPANY NAME) Way here .
Alexandre and Steve launched (COMPANY NAME) in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
* Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
* Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for ( LinkedIn | Glassdoor )
* Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona
* 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
We are currently looking for our next end-of-study interns (Bac +4/5), working from our office located in Paris.
The Backend engineering team at (COMPANY NAME) currently has over 100 highly skilled engineers, from all over the world, working closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. Each backend developer is empowered to challenge and influence the direction of the features they are working on.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Backend Engineering Intern at (COMPANY NAME), you will
* Join a cross-functional team and build innovative financial features such as: providing a blazing fast and reliable card authorization service, innovative transfers solutions, delightful onboarding experience, state-of-the art payment gateway, etc
* Work in a top-notch environment, where our apps are thoroughly tested, continuously deployed, and closely monitored
* Learn and grow: you will partner closely with a dedicated Backend engineer who will teach you and guide you throughout the internship. You will learn to read, write and review production-ready Golang and Ruby applications
🤝 Your future Head Of
One of our Heads of Backend at (COMPANY NAME) is David , and he's managing teams working on Platform Services. He worked in both France and the UK, initially as a Software Engineer within all-size businesses and then in technical and team leadership positions. In 2015, he left the UK for good, to join a startup in France as a CTO. His team built a platform alongside French Football Federation to help sports coaches to manage their athletes' performances. The next step in his career was another startup, but this time in the video game industry to build a data-driven platform from scratch.
* What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a department that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
* Your collaboration?
You can expect a very respectful relationship based on trust, empowerment, and ownership. David always makes himself extremely available and will live up to the high expectation he sets for his team members.
💻 Our stack
(COMPANY NAME) was originally built as a banking application in Ruby. The Core Banking System was then written in Golang for obvious performance reasons. We are now leveraging both languages to write our new applications.
However, not mastering Ruby and Golang is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned since they joined us.
To help you to quickly learn and grow on our stack, beyond the documentation & pair programming, we have a specific program for you and your dedicated mentor will be there to answer all your questions.
At (COMPANY NAME) you'll encounter different technologies around storage, communication, and deployment: PostgreSQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch. You'll learn how to use Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana. You can have a closer look at our stack 👉 here 👈.
* You are comfortable with English
* You are product-minded: you are committed to building a great experience for our users
* You have some experience coding in Golang, Ruby or a similar language and you know the basics of SQL
* You understand the principles of why and how we test code
* You are curious, open-minded and eager to learn
* Bonus point if you have development experience on a live production quality application
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, don't let the imposter syndrome prevent you from applying and hit the button "Apply", we'd really love to hear from you!
⚠️ Certain of our perks and benefits are only available to employees on permanent contracts
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
* A fully-renovated building in the center of Paris with WeWork services
* The latest equipment from Apple
* Monthly team events
* Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All Our Benefits
* A competitive salary package
* Remote Policy: from 2 days per week to Full remote
* 5 to 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
* Alan health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib for sports and wellness activities
* Swile Card for lunch
* An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
* A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of (COMPANY NAME) employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
* Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
* Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
* A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
* A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
* A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working (COMPANY NAME) could be like
* Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at (COMPANY NAME) is like
* A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
Check this article to learn more about the hiring process and we will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining (COMPANY NAME). We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: Challenges | (COMPANY NAME)'s Blog | Forbes | Les Échos
|Posted on:||22 Sep 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|