Located in the heart of the old town of Vallauris, France, A.I.R. Vallauris (Artists in Residence) welcomes international artists from all horizons to meet and collaborate with local artists and to research and create new work in an artistic laboratory created specifically for them. The Association has three primary objectives:
• The hosting of resident artists and the support of contemporary creation
• Education in the field of ceramics
• The organization of cultural events
In order to support and achieve these objectives, the activities of the association are focused and grouped into the following programs: Residency, Exhibition, Education, Publication, and Events. Different projects are defined within these programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks for the internship will be defined and elaborated upon with the candidate upon consideration of their skills, interest and motivation. Skills in the area of Architecture and design will be specifically called upon for a project that involves the interior design and furbishing of a newly renovated Ceramic Art Studio. They will also be invited to assist in the scenography and curating of exhibitions that will be organized during this time in our two gallery spaces. Graphic design, drawings and photography will be required for these projects. Technical and marketing writing in relation to the promotion of these projects is also required, as well as publication of this material on social media and hard copy (posters, invitation cards, catalogues).
o English and French languages
o Computer skills: internet, MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
o Excellent communication skills
o Interest in Art and other cultures
Work Term Dates
• Minimum 3 months, longer internships are preferred
• Starting and end dates are flexible
• Dates are flexible and can take place throughout the year.
• Current opportunities include, but are not limited to the following periods:
- September 2019 - December 2019
- February 2020 - July 2020
- July 2020 - December 2020
•Renewal of work terms might be possible