Passionate about tech? Interested in energy and climate action? Join (COMPANY NAME), a fast-growing startup using artificial intelligence to transform the world's biggest industries.
(COMPANY NAME) is a leading data analytics company that monitors and measures energy, natural resources, and industrial activity using proprietary algorithms. We combine satellite imagery, data science and advanced mathematics to create unique insights and customer-specific solutions for better decision-making.
Our team of experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to energy and the environment, from crude oil tank volumes to methane emissions. In just five years, the (COMPANY NAME) team has grown to include 140 experts in data science, mathematics and energy, representing over 20 nationalities and 10 spoken languages. The team works from 6 offices around the world in New York, Houston, London, Paris, Singapore and Bangalore.
In 2021 alone, (COMPANY NAME) was recognized as a member of French Tech's Green 20, signed a landmark contract with the European Space Agency and was acknowledged in the latest UNEP Global Methane Assessment report. (COMPANY NAME) is building a team of talented people to positively disrupt the world's biggest industries and reshape the future of energy and the environment.
Join us to make a difference!
We are currently recruiting for our Paris office, a Solutions Data Engineer M/F (6 months)
Data Engineers play a central role in (COMPANY NAME). Working hand in hand with Data Scientists and Energy Analysts, they set up tools and technical stacks required to build our products. They are part of the project from prototyping to production, including testing, automation, etc…
(COMPANY NAME) Solutions Team develops data fusion technologies to improve decision making in the energy and environment worlds. Working closely with clients, partners and (COMPANY NAME) R&D, you will develop cutting edge solutions to solve complex problems using satellite imagery and alternative geospatial data.
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will therefore have to:
* Build tested, easily maintainable tools, stacks and architectures
* Convert prototypes into reliable products
* Provide technical support to Data Scientists during exploratory analysis
* Maintain and optimize existing products
* Work closely with computer vision researchers to integrate and scale their algorithms
* Continuously provide ideas to improve products
* Languages: Python, Java
* Tools: data processing (Sci-kit learn, Pandas), satellite imagery (Rasterio, Gdal, Fiona), message brokers (RabbitMQ), orchestration (Airflow, Argo)
* Data stack: Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hbase, HDFS'Ä¶), Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, OpenIO.
* Deployment: Docker, k8s, Gitlab
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for a six-month internship starting in between February and May 2022 and you want to join a fast-growing start-up.
* Strong Python 3 Engineer able to write reusable, testable and efficient code and coach others in doing so
* You can build complex stacks, capable of giving advices to the other members of the team.
* You are interested in dealing with (big) data
* You can work in a fast-paced environment
* You feel interested in optimization problems and like to conceive performant stacks
* You can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people
* You are willing to contribute actively and have a real impact to the company success
* You can easily work in an UNIX environment
Why join (COMPANY NAME)?
* We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do.
* We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 7xxx9 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere).
* You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese...) on a day to day basis
|Posted on:||01 Dec 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|
|Languages:||English, French, Chinese|