Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for a Python Data Engineer Intern - Global Sales (f/m/d) to join our Global Sales Data team. The mission of the team is to analyze large and complex datasets using scientific methods and to translate them into meaningful data/ML products that can be rolled out to all (COMPANY NAME) entities. Projects range from marketplace optimisation, restaurant classifications, forecasting, lead qualification, collection and grading to text and data mining; the scope is constantly expanding.
Your role is to support the engineering team in day to day tasks including data pipeline development and maintenance, process reporting, and troubleshooting. You will analyze and optimize processes, suggest improvements, and learn business best practices from an experienced team.
* Monitor data pipelines in an environment with VMs and Cloud services (AWS and GCP).
* Work with Data Scientists and Engineers to review code and improve quality and performance.
* Embrace development best practices in order to ensure data quality and availability.
* Share your work and knowledge at many levels (team, company, stakeholders).
* Learn how to build enterprise grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services.
* Improve your skills in using components of our tech stack: Python, BigQuery, Redshift, Airflow, Docker, Terraform, AWS and GCP.
Your heroic skills:
* Final year, or recently completed, a BS degree in a computing related field.
* You have some experience in software engineering, preferably in data engineering.
* You have good Python coding knowledge - data structures and algorithms - preferably demonstrated in a public code repository.
* You have some familiarity with cloud services (AWS or GCP).
* You are comfortable dealing with Linux, and working on the command line.
* Having some experience with workflow management tools, e.g. Airflow, and containerization is a plus.
* You are curious, eager to learn and you take ownership of your tasks with the guidance of senior engineers.
* You are communicative and a team player, embracing sharing and collaboration mindset.
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
* Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
* Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program.
* Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
* Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
* Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
* Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
* Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse training.
* Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
(COMPANY NAME) Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
(COMPANY NAME) is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we're now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to 'always deliver an amazing experience.' If you're an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.
Find out more information on how to prepare for you technical interview here.
We're looking forward to your application
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|