(COMPANY NAME) HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of EUR 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
You are studying full time and you are looking for an internship?
Then apply now!
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team!
For (COMPANY NAME) Helicopters in Donauwörth we are looking for a motivated intern (f/m/d) within the Engineering department.
Start date? As soon as possible!
Working time frame? Full-time with 35 hours per week (in flexitime)
Duration? 5-6 months
What can you expect?
As our intern you contribute to the achievement of all vehicle projects aerodynamic and flight performance requirements within prescribed time, cost and quality objectives. You will ensure that optimised aerodynamic solutions, shapes, models and data are delivered, to programmes and to component integration centres. You will develop expertise in the appropriate use of numerical and experimental aerodynamic prediction tools. You will acquire and develop aerodynamic technologies in a manner consistent with the Company Strategy - in link with external research community in the field of Aerodynamics and multi-disciplinary air vehicle design and optimization and with all disciplines relevant for physics of flight, such as structures, loads, stability & control, massproperties.
Your main tasks will be the following:
* Evaluation of MID fidelity simulation for improvment of prediction on Handling Qualities, Performance and Loads
* Simulation of coupled UPM-in house code trims for different helicopters and flight states/envelope parts
* Evaluation, comparisnon with CFD, flight test and Schlieren-/Hotwire downwash measuremens
* Implement and evaluate the feedback of the rotor forces on blade element level instead of rotor center level for further improvement of the simulation
* Evaluation of the new boundary layer model in UPM
* De-risking test cases for horizontal stabilizer
* Preparation of the comparision with blade element method tool
* Optional: First checks for unsteady flight conditions
* You are an enrolled student (f/m/d) in the course of study that specializes in the field of Aerodynamics or similar
* You ideally have some previous experience and knowledge in the field of flight dynamics
* You are a team player and would like to get to know the work in our company
* You are interested in diving deeper into the subject matter of our work topics
* You speak German, as well as English fluently
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
How to apply?
Just click on the "apply" button on this page.
Please provide the following documents: cover letter, C.V., relevant certificates, current certificate of enrolment, excerpt from your study regulations/guidelines (if it is a compulsory internship).
We look forward to getting to know you!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
|Posted on:||07 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|
|Job duration:||5 months|