Do you aspire to be a world class Systems Development Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Are you passionate about operating highly available and large-scale distributed systems? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
At (COMPANY NAME), we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. System Development Engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges System Development Engineers solve for at (COMPANY NAME) are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. Our path is not always simple, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at (COMPANY NAME) - someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
As an (COMPANY NAME) intern, you will be interacting with your peers and (COMPANY NAME)'s global team of full-time professionals as part of our world-beating Software and Systems Development teams. You will benefit from the opportunity to attend our popular technical architecture meetings, asking lots of questions and learning as you go. You'll have lots of fun and maybe even make history!
Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university's placement scheme.
Come build the future with us!
As a System Development Engineer, you will/may:
· Use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members
· Create or have responsibility to improve or intent small tools or applications
· Participate in team design, scoping, process, and prioritization discussions
· Work effectively with customers and/or internal partners to understand business impacts and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions
· Invent, refine, and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals
· Develop an understanding of the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties, and dependencies of your team's infrastructure, including hardware platform, operating system, and build dependencies.
· Provide assistance to the team with troubleshooting, researching the root cause, and thoroughly resolving defects in the event of a problem
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
· Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, shell scripting) and open-source technologies (Linux, Spring, React, etc.)
· Proficient in one of the following languages (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
· Familiarity with TCP/IP networking fundamentals and application of IP protocols such as: DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, and SNMP
· Possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
· Interest in infrastructure design and administration
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills developing on Unix-like operating systems
· Understanding of distributed systems, non-relational databases and (COMPANY NAME) Web Services (AWS)
(COMPANY NAME) Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for (COMPANY NAME). Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://wxx.xxxxxx.xxxx/xx/xxxxxxxxxxxx?xxxxxxxxx=xxxxxxxxu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We prioritise candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our up-skilling events at https://axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxs
EMEA Student Programs Team
We prioritize candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our upskilling events at axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxm
|Posted on:||25 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|