Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 2x.xx.xxx1
You will be part of the Media Monitoring and Analysis team of the Global Media Relations Division in the Directorate General Communications. The Division manages media relations and interacts with journalists, providing information and responding to their enquiries. It also advises on the content and timing of ECB press releases, drafts communication points for the ECB's decision-making bodies and organises press conferences and briefings. As part of the Division, the Media Monitoring and Analysis team monitors media reporting on the ECB and analyses media reactions to the ECB's media activities. Additionally, it acts as the ECB's news desk, searching for relevant news reports and sharing them with colleagues across the institution, either as written text or live presentations. In our work, we aim to single out issues raised in the media and spot communication challenges in the media landscape. To this end, we also conduct research on communications and trust in the ECB.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Media Monitoring and Analysis team, you will:
* continuously monitor and analyse news from various media sources and share key items with ECB management and staff;
* analyse media reporting on the ECB's media activities and write coverage reports for ECB management;
* writing news summaries for the ECB's intranet;
* present the day's news at internal meetings.
When performing these tasks, you will work closely with other members of the team. The position offers you an excellent opportunity to work with a supportive, diverse team in a fast-paced environment. It will also enable you to deepen your knowledge of topics ranging from monetary policy, macroeconomics and banking supervision to European politics and institutions, as well as to gain experience working with various media monitoring tools and media sources. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* a bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to international relations, politics, economics, finance or journalism;
* strong presentation skills;
* an understanding of the ECB, its main tasks and programmes, and the basics of monetary policy;
* a good working knowledge of the MS Office package;
* excellent English writing skills;
* an advanced command of English (C1) and an advanced command (at least B2) of one or more of the following languages: French, German, Italian or Spanish, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
* the ability to read and analyse complex texts in two or more of the following languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish;
* a good understanding of macroeconomic and financial topics.
You are able to meet deadlines while working under time pressure. You are adaptable and willing to accept flexible working hours, which includes an early morning start at regular intervals. You enjoy writing and feel comfortable presenting in front of an audience.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to Tajana Tomasic Steck or Martin Zwiebelberg on +49 (0)1xx xxxxxxx4 or +49 (0)1xx xxxxxx7 between 12:00 and 13:00 on 16 April 2021.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include an online interview
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||6 months|
|Languages:||English, French, German|