Additional Information ***new opening summer 2023***
Job Number xxxxxxx4
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Munich (COMPANY NAME) Hotel City West, Landsberger Strasse 160, Munich, Bayern, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Munich (COMPANY NAME) City West will set new benchmarks and standards in meetings & events. Inspired by the Bavarian lifestyle and with 398 guest rooms and suites and almost 5000 sqm of public space, including a state of the art conference center, customized and first class event needs will create amazing experiences for our guests. The upscale concept includes an Italian restaurant with open show kitchen, coffee shop with retail, fine-dining wine room, lobby bar and The Speakeasy bar, offering an outstanding culinary experience combined with warm hospitality and stylish ambience. Even the spectacular rooftop terrace and executive lounge with panoramic views over the city, all the way to the Bavarian Alps, delight our guests. The hotel is located in the lively Westend, centrally close to Munich's Old Town and within walking distance of the famous Oktoberfest grounds.
JOIN US IN THE PRE-OPENING TEAM!
.... as Commis de Cuisine (m/f/d) for the newly built Munich (COMPANY NAME) City West which will open its doors in summer 2023!
Who we are looking for...
We are looking for a spoon wielding kitchen talent who is highly motivated, eager to learn and show their skill set! The spectrum ranges from modern Italian cuisine to upscale fine dining to huge banquets, meetings and events. With your skills, you inspire our guests every day anew.
What your responsibilities are...
* You support the kitchen team in all aspects of cooking, prepping and mise en place
* You always adhere to all kitchen safety and cleanliness standards
* You are eager to learn new skills and perfect our knowledge
* You regularly provide feedback and ideas to your supervisors
* During the shift you work closely with the service team
* You are jointly responsible for cleanliness and maintenance in accordance with HAACP guidelines
* A true team player, you enjoy working as part of a team and are always willing to help others.
* You are no stranger to social media and regularly provide content for our marketing team.
That's what we want from you....
* You already have just completed your apprentice ship or have first experiences in the professional kitchens of this world
* Your creativity and enthusiasm for implementation is accompanied by your professionalism and your structure-conscious way of working.
* Your strong awareness of quality and your high standards are evident in everything you do
* Your winning appearance, your can-do attitude and hands-on mentality are a natural part of your personality
* Your enthusiasm to share your knowledge with trainees is contagious!
* You have valid work permit for Germany / EU
And this is how we inspire you....
Be part of the opening team and contribute your ideas, concepts and imaginations! A new opening like this, offers you completely new experiences and successes. We also offer:
* An attractive, above-tariff remuneration for your flexible assignment in our hotel
* Travel worldwide to our 8000+ hotels at great employee conditions ("Explore Rate") and let yourself be pampered - by the way, this also applies to your family, partner & parents.
* Enjoy the culinary F&B offer in our 8000+ hotels with 20% discount
* Extensive corporate benefits with lots of discounts for leisure activities and travel
* 20% extra pay for your work on public holidays
* As a birthday child you get an extra day off for your birthday to celebrate it relaxed with your loved ones
* Christmas and vacation pay are paid according to the collective bargaining agreement, but starting from the first year, without a waiting period (after the probationary period, pro rata for the year).
* Your retirement provision is important to us and we will pay you not the usual 16% but 20% as an employer's contribution on top of the regular Hogarente if you convert your own remuneration.
* Innovative training concepts that support you on your career path
* Advancement opportunities and prospects in an international company
* We offer you an extensive and free of charge culinary offer in our employee restaurant.
* We like to celebrate - and preferably with you! Whether team outings, employee celebrations, employee week, anniversaries, etc.... we can think of many reasons to celebrate you and your colleagues properly.
* Your health is one of our priorities, which is why we provide you with comprehensive company medical care.
* Tell us what we can do to make you happy! Each year, every employee gets to choose something from our elective benefits catalog. These could include
* Membership subsidy for a sports & fitness provider
* Subsidy for job ticket/Germany ticket
* Supplementary insurance
* Allowance for childcare
* Extra allowance for old age insurance
...and much more
(All benefit & bonus programs are subject to individual company regulations. Tax & Social Benefit laws apply and any tax deductions are being handled via payroll adjustments. There is no legal entitlement to the programs and the employer can adjust the offer at any time).
Have we sparked your interest? Then apply here on MarriottCareers with your application documents . If you have any questions, you can also contact us at Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx. We look forward to hearing from you!
(COMPANY NAME) International is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and a sustainable, inclusive culture that puts employees first. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to individuals with a protected status, for example, disability or other legally protected status.
Our founders, J.W. and Alice (COMPANY NAME), started with a small idea: a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future-and maybe yours.
Wherever you want to go, whoever you want to be, you deserve a career that fulfills your purpose. You deserve to dream without limits. Be a part of something bigger than yourself, join a team where everyone has a voice. Belong to a community where you are included. Be inspired by what's possible and discover your own future. Be challenged, grow and achieve your ambition. At (COMPANY NAME), be yourself. Begin your purpose, belong to a global community, and become the best version of you. At (COMPANY NAME)…Be you.
As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, (COMPANY NAME) International has 8,100+ hotel properties and 31 top hotel brands. We're in 138 countries and territories, and we're still growing. Unmatched opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
(COMPANY NAME) International portfolio of brands includes both JW (COMPANY NAME) and (COMPANY NAME) Hotels.
(COMPANY NAME) Hotels, (COMPANY NAME) International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with (COMPANY NAME) Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW (COMPANY NAME) is part of (COMPANY NAME) International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™
|Posted on:||04 Jun 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|