About the opportunity
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Intern to support our amazing People Ops team in creating and maintaining an unique on-boarding experience at (COMPANY NAME). You'll be responsible for the operations of our Welcome Day event and also analyse any gaps to come up with further improvements. Lots of ownership and learnings to come!
IMPORTANT: We are looking for an intern to start in March/April 2020 and to stay for at least 6 months
In this role, you will:
* Support our amazing People Operations team on topics related to the lifecycle of our employees: from on-boarding, throughout their employee journey, from the moment they accept an offer to their first day and beyond.
* You will also support the team on our internal ticketing system - helping navigate our employees on what can often feel like an imposing landscape of paperwork and processes. You'll have the chance to use Jira to support your analytical reports and analysis
* Show ownership and drive your own projects through transforming your theoretical knowledge into practical learning
* You will be involved on travel arrangements for (COMPANY NAME) new joiners and use Pana to help you with that
* In a nutshell: you will have a fantastic exposure and hands-on experience to a wide range of responsibilities that will help build the foundation for your future career in HR.
What you need to be successful:
* You are willing to work full-time (40h/week)
* You are a Bachelor/Master Student or 2019 Graduate in the field of Business Administration, Business Psychology, Human Resources, Communications or in a comparable degree course;
* First practical experience in the field (employee engagement, human resources, etc) is a plus but not a must;
* You have a strong affinity to HR and People topics;
* Excellent written and oral language skills in English, but German is a plus;
* You are legally eligible to work in Germany or Europe
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a problem-solving mindset;
* You are inquisitive and want to make things better and more efficient;
* You are a strong and structured communicator, with an excellent attention to details
* Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
* Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
* Think globally, act locally
* Strong bias for action
* Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What's in it for you:
* Paid internship
* Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany's #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running xxxx0;
* Discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, (COMPANY NAME) premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
* 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
* A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
* Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
* Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
* A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
(COMPANY NAME) has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
(COMPANY NAME) has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status