We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany xxxx, xxx2 & 2023!
At (COMPANY NAME), we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players' desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for an Intern Content Game Designer who will join us to contribute to the creation of high-quality content for our game June's Journey. This is your chance to have the unique opportunity to work on (COMPANY NAME)'s most successful title, which combines strong storytelling with a high polish, tight mechanics, and an ever-growing LiveOps feature set.
One of the key tasks in ensuring the enjoyability and thus the success of a game is providing a steady stream of fresh content for our players to enjoy. You will help to ensure that the game has top-notch content for the best possible in-game experiences.
During your time at (COMPANY NAME), you will get a first-hand look at what creating world-class content for a highly successful game means. Working in industry-standard tools such as Unity, Jira and creative cloud, you will use your creative and organizational aptitude to play a dynamic role throughout the entire process of developing new content. This includes the phases of ideation, testing, and balancing. You will be working with a team of fellow content designers, producers, artists, and writers who will make sure you get the ideal foundation for going on to a thriving career in games.
This is full-time (40h/week) 6-month paid internship.
What you will be doing
* Use Unity to configure narrative game scenes
* Work closely with various disciplines to create, configure, and roll out narrative-driven content
* Balance intricate and detailed Hidden Object levels
* Work with our talented art team and provide feedback on scene composition
* Maintain and test the game's audio integration
* Work with our world-class writing team to bring the game's story to life
* Review playtest videos to improve HO (Hidden Object) quality
* Ideally, you have an educational background in game design, interactive media design, or a related field (be it from University or self-thought)
* You have love and passion for mobile games (ideally casual or even better - Hidden Object games!).
* You are well-organized with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize your workload.
* Content improvements and excellent operational execution are enjoyable tasks for you, not unwelcome chores.
* You have a basic knowledge of how to work in Unity and/or Photoshop.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at (COMPANY NAME), the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
* Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world's best games.
* We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
* Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
* Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
* Participate in the company's success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
* Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
* Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At (COMPANY NAME) we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!
|Posted on:||17 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|
|Job duration:||6 months|
|Languages:||English, Polish, German|