For two decades, (COMPANY NAME) has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU - the engine of modern visual computing - the field has expanded to PC games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis and research. Today, visual computing is becoming increasingly central to how people get along with technology, and (COMPANY NAME) has extended its technology into datacenters, mobile devices and cars. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are now looking for an Intern to join, support and enrich our Developer Technology team in WŘrselen near Aachen. This role is built with approximately 20hrs per week, ideally for active students looking for first experience and seeking for opportunities to widen their visibility within a professional work environment and across different but equally engaged teams.
What you'll be doing:
* Work with world-class engineers developing new ideas for bringing deep learning (DL) applications in the loop of professional visualization workflows.
* Embrace DL frameworks to improve and automate training of deep neural networks (DNNs).
* Document your work.
* Develop appropriate metrics to verify quality and reliability of trained DNNs.
* Present your work to internal teams.
What we need to see:
* A strong passion for deep learning and visual computing.
* Solid knowledge of C/C++, Python, and mastering of associated development environments, debugging and profiling tools.
* Experience in OpenGL and/or Vulkan is a strong plus.
* Proficient in Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
* Capable of working in an energizing environment without losing focus.
* Strong time-management and organization skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and priorities.
* Highly organized, dedicated and able to work with minimum supervision.
* Flexible availability and reliable work attitude.
* Fluent in English.
(COMPANY NAME) is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative, autonomous and love a challenge, we want to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.