Requisition ID: 2xxxx8
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Location: St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Part Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Availability of our products in local languages is a key success factor for selling (COMPANY NAME) software globally. With 200+ employees in more than 20 locations, the Language Experience (LX) unit within Globalization Services provides translation and translation-related services for (COMPANY NAME) solutions and non-coded assets into more than 40 languages. The translation service teams support our internal development units as well as internal customers such as the (COMPANY NAME) Board, HR, Marketing, Support and Knowledge and Education. They offer consulting, planning, technical support and linguistic services in close collaboration with more than 2,500 translators and partners world-wide.
We are looking for a working student (f/m/d) who supports the project management for Marketing, Training and Corporate Content projects as well as strategic projects like the introduction of Neural Machine Translation and initiatives to simplify the tool and process landscape.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Your main tasks will include:
* Support for project management tasks, e.g. performing layout checks, analysing and preparing translation packages with internal project management environment and translation editors (e.g. Trados Studio or Smartling)
* Communication with customers about translation needs
* Translation quality checks
* Checking and processing supplier invoices
* Managing translation queries via a tracking tool
* Updating wiki pages
* Creating and updating the internal process documentation
* Supporting project managers during testing scenarios (such as new releases of Trados Studio, Machine Translation)
Other tasks will include:
* Smaller translation tasks
* Participating in cross-team process improvement discussions and activities
* Creating reports on service team data
* Supporting terminology improvement initiatives
* Organizing team events
* Writing content about team activities/projects using internal communication platforms (i.e. SAPJam)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should have the following profile
* Student (f/m/d) at a university or a university of applied sciences (translation studies or similar)
* Computer skills:
* Ideally you have a good knowledge of translation systems such as SDL Trados Studio, Smartling and Microsoft Office. Data analysis skills, knowledge of social media tools and macro-scripting and programming abilities are a plus.
* Language skills:
* Fluent in English (main working language) and German. Other language skills highy welcome.
* Soft skills:
* Team-player with good communication skills and intercultural sensitivity for the work in a global team.
* Flexible, reliable, stress-resistant. Ability to work under time pressure.
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Germany #Deutschland #Student
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, Manager, ERP, Consulting, Marketing Manager, Entry Level, Management, Technology, Marketing