Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 1x.xx.xxx1
You will be part of the Directorate Risk Management, a dynamic team of highly skilled professionals developing and maintaining the risk management frameworks that govern the Eurosystem's monetary policy operations and the ECB's investment operations.
We are currently looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates to join a traineeship programme in each of the Directorate's divisions:
* the Risk Analysis Division, which is responsible for modelling, analysing and reporting financial risks, and for monitoring the compliance of monetary policy and investment operations against the respective financial risk management frameworks;
* the Risk Strategy Division, which designs and maintains the risk management frameworks and policies governing Eurosystem credit operations and non-standard monetary policy measures.
Both positions will give the opportunity to work closely with different teams across the ECB, in particular with the various teams in the Directorate Risk Management, the Directorate General Market Operations and the Directorate General Information Systems.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Risk Analysis Division, you will:
* contribute, by collecting and processing data, to the reporting on financial risks in relation to the Eurosystem's credit operations and asset purchase programmes, and to the reporting on financial risks and performance of the ECB's investment portfolios;
* contribute to the regular monitoring and reporting of compliance of the Eurosystem's monetary policy operations and the ECB's investment operations against the relevant financial risk management frameworks, as well as perform follow-up measures;
* participate in projects and conduct ad hoc analyses aimed at further improving financial risk control and reporting processes from both a business and an IT perspective.
As a trainee in the Risk Strategy Division, you will:
* support the analysis of the risk management frameworks and development of policies governing the Eurosystem's credit operations and non-standard monetary policy measures related to, for example, eligibility requirements, valuations, haircuts, credit assessments as well as climate change;
* support the conduct of credit risk analyses in the context of the ECB's asset purchase programmes;
* participate in the maintenance and further development of IT applications, tools and databases.
The positions offer excellent opportunities to work at the heart of the Eurosystem's monetary policy implementation, enhance your knowledge of financial markets, gain experience in handling and analysing financial data and develop your teamwork skills. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* a bachelor's degree or higher in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related discipline;
* a good command of at least one programming language (e.g. VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Stata or R);
* experience working with complex data (i.e. data preparation, analysis, visualisation), either in a professional or an academic environment;
* good knowledge of the MS Office package, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel;
* a keen interest in developing your understanding of the financial risk management of the Eurosystem's monetary policy operations;
* an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Traineeship of between 3 and 12 months in total.
The traineeships will have varying start dates from September 2021 onwards.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include a pre-recorded video interview in the pre-selection phase and - if you are invited to participate in the subsequent selection phase, an online interview
|Posted on:||30 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||3 months|