Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 2x.xx.xxx1
You will be part of the Governance and Transformation Services (GTS) Division, which acts as a cross-functional service platform under the management of the Chief Services Office (CSO). The CSO is responsible for more than 800 staff delivering internal services in the fields of administration, human resources, information systems and finance.
The GTS Division has around 50 staff providing horizontal services in the areas of communication, service delivery/optimisation, financial management and quality management. It is currently involved in efforts to transform working methods in the various business areas operating under the CSO, fostering collaborative and cross functional approaches with a focus on people, flexibility, learning and results.
This traineeship is in the GTS Division's internal communication team. You will join a small, dynamic and collaborative team of internal communication experts, who strive continuously to improve the services they offer across the CSO and beyond, bringing innovation to the ECB's working methods. That team seeks to contribute to the success of initiatives and projects in the fields of information technology, administration, finance and human resources through engaging and open communication.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As an internal communication trainee, you will:
* devise and produce content for a range of different channels (intranet articles, videos, visuals, etc.), which will include proposing and developing new formats;
* contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's "How To" video channel;
* support the design, preparation and delivery of internal events and communication campaigns, including stakeholder management;
* help to establish and maintain communities of practice in the field of communication in partnership with colleagues from other business areas (intranet writers, videographers, etc.);
* take part in and facilitate communication workshops.
This position offers excellent opportunities to use your communication skills and your creativity to devise effective new communication tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment where you can learn from other people every day and challenge yourself in new areas. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* a bachelor's degree or higher in communication, journalism, media studies, graphic design, psychology, marketing management, public relations or another relevant field;
* the ability to draft engaging text and turn complex concepts into reader-friendly content;
* experience of producing visual communication materials (infographics, icons, presentations, etc.);
* experience of videography (scripting, shooting, editing, etc.);
* a good knowledge of the MS Office package;
* an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
* experience of facilitating workshops or moderating events;
* experience of devising concepts or strategies and planning their implementation;
* understanding of the ECB's mission, tasks and responsibilities.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total. The latest possible start date is 1 August 2021.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the Team Lead, Kathrin Aldema Bolz, on +4x xxx xxx xxx4 between 13:00 and 14:00 CET on Monday, 12 April.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include a pre-recorded interview, a written test and an online video interview
|Posted on:||31 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||6 months|