Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 2x.xx.xxx1
You will be part of the Operational Risk and Business Continuity Management Section. We are a team of 16 people who are responsible for developing and maintaining the policy frameworks governing the ECB's operational risk, business continuity and critical incident management, supervising their implementation and providing methodological support to business areas on related matters. We are currently working on the coordination of ECB-wide non-financial risk assessments and associated risk acceptance procedures, as well as business impact analysis and resilience exercises and tests. We also monitor and report on operational risk situations and any high-impact incidents at the ECB, organise critical incident management exercises, and provide the ECB's Critical Incident Management Team with administrative support during incidents.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
Your role As a trainee in the Operational Risk and Business Continuity Management Section, you will:
* participate in tasks relating to all three of the section's core disciplines: operational risk, business continuity and critical incident management;
* maintain systems containing operational risk and business continuity-related information;
* support the maintenance of the external loss database, and monitor the news in order to keep abreast of external threats;
* support the maintenance of data as regards the ECB-wide mass notification tool and the associated alert exercises, as well as other resilience exercises and tests;
* contribute to the annual Enterprise Risk and Resilience Update Exercise.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a function operating as a second line of defence, in terms of both handling non-financial risks and fostering organisational resilience. You will also have the chance to develop strong analytical and communication skills by interacting with a variety of stakeholders across the ECB. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* a bachelor's degree or higher in business or public administration, auditing, non-financial risk management, information technology or another relevant field;
* experience in analysing data and producing reports;
* an interest in organisational resilience, operational risk, business continuity and/or critical incident management;
* a good knowledge of the MS Office package;
* an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
* experience in the financial/banking sector;
* experience with VBA in MS Excel;
* a basic understanding of the functioning of the ECB and the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
To enable the ECB to maintain its business continuity capability, you will occasionally be expected to work at the ECB's recovery site.
Three traineeships are available, each with a maximum duration of 12 months. They will start on 1 July, 15 August and 1 October 2021.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include an online interview
|Posted on:||01 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||12 months|