Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 2x.xx.xxx1
You will be part of the Media Monitoring and Analysis team of the Global Media Relations Division, in the Directorate General Communications (DG/C). The team monitors media reporting on the ECB and analyses media reactions to the ECB's activities, both qualitatively and quantitatively. In our work, we aim to identify issues raised in the media and spot communication challenges in the media landscape. To this end, we also conduct research on communications with, knowledge of and attitudes towards the ECB.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Media Monitoring and Analysis team you will:
* support the analysis of survey data, textual data (e.g. via natural language processing) and other relevant microdata related to the media, in order to provide intelligence and strategic advice to the Division and DG/C, highlighting communication challenges and opportunities;
* contribute to analysis and research on relevant topics, and present results and insights to management and other stakeholders;
* contribute to compiling regular analytical reports;
* contribute to social media monitoring.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to get hands-on experience in analysis and research in the growing field of central bank communication, harnessing a wide and rich set of data. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* a bachelor's degree or higher in economics, data science, statistics, finance, marketing, mathematics, computer science, engineering or another relevant field;
* an understanding of the ECB, its main tasks and programmes and the basics of monetary policy;
* good data processing, data visualisation and quantitative analysis skills;
* a good knowledge of the MS Office package;
* a good knowledge of R or Stata;
* an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to Siria Angino on +49 (0)1xx xxxxxx7 between 14:00 and 15:00 on Friday, 9 April; between 11:00 and 12:00 on Tuesday, 13 April; or between 15:30 and 16:30 on Wednesday, 21 April.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include an online interview
|Posted on:||07 Apr 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||6 months|