Dow is looking for Junior Technical Customer Manager (m/f/d) via our Sales Trainee Program, the Dow Commercial Development Program, located at our Polyurethane System House in Ahlen, Germany.
You will become part of an international cohort across the regions Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India forming the Trainee Wave of 2021. During the intensive induction program, you will be prepared to becoming Dow's next generation of customer-centric sales representatives who are the key to our sustained commercial success.
You will develop selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to become a Solutions Consultant to our customers in a complex Business-to-Business market whilst connecting with a vibrant team spread across different locations. In addition, you will be trained in our PU System House, to gain the technical skills to select, apply and modify Polyurethane Systems for optimized customer benefit, across a broad variety of markets and end uses.
The program sets an environment to grow personally and to gain real hands-on experience working within a leading material science company.
You are a young professional, aspiring to start a sales career… This is where it all begins!
During the program, you will:
* Attend classroom trainings (as the COVID-19 situation allows) and working sessions to advance sales management skills in three different Dow locations across Europe (The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland)
* Handle real-life Sales and Marketing projects in collaboration with a Dow business segment to prepare for the future job
* Explore business growth opportunities for Dow with exposure to current and potential customers and markets
* Build technical knowledge of products and applications to become an effective technical sales representative
* Network with Dow Senior leadership and shadow experienced Dow colleagues for early career mentoring and coaching
After successful completion of the Commercial Development Program, you will become a Technical Customer Manager representing the Polyurethane Systems business in Germany, while interfacing with customers across all organizational levels.
Customer Manager's responsibilities include:
* Build and develop relationships with diverse external customers and internal stakeholders
* Achieve sales goals and objectives in assigned territory as derived by business strategies and marketing plans
* Utilize extensive knowledge of customers' total needs and Dow's product offerings to form customer strategies and promote long term sustainable value creation
* Solve customer problems by working collaboratively with customers and a variety of internal functions
You shall have a natural desire to learn, exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, and embrace a pro-active attitude. If you feel you possess effective communication skills paired with analytical and strategic thinking and enjoy to work in teams and in a diverse and empowering environment, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Further job requirements include:
* Master degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Business Chemistry with a clear technical interest. An additional MBA or other business studies is a plus.
* Experience in Sales, Technical Service or Marketing or in a related industry of up to 3 years is an advantage
* Proven fluency in German and English is required; additional language skills are an asset
* Willingness to travel and flexibility to work extended hours at times
* A valid driver's license is a must
Closing date: Friday 26th March 2021 (Interviews will take place shortly afterwards)
For a more informal conversation please contact Karl Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org
* A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
* The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
* Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit wxx.xxx.xxm or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter
|Posted on:||23 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|