Requisition ID: 2xxxx2
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
About the team
We are looking for a technical writer to join our user assistance management team working on our intelligent, next-generation Business Suite products (COMPANY NAME) S/4HANA and (COMPANY NAME) S/4HANA Cloud. You will be part of a supportive team consisting of technical writers and translators from different cultural backgrounds in the Finance line of business. Most team members are based in Walldorf / Germany but some are also based in other locations such as China. As a technical writer, you will work very closely with software developers, product owners, and translators. We offer an excellent team atmosphere, dedicated training courses and training on the job as well as extensive development opportunities.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager's agreement.
Your job will be to ensure that exactly the right information is available in the right place and at the right time; our customers will benefit from concise and accurate user assistance / documentation that clearly describes the functions provided by the (COMPANY NAME) solutions and helps users work with our attractive and innovative software.
Your tasks will include:
* Creating user assistance deliverables that enable users to implement, configure, and use (COMPANY NAME) software:
* UI texts
* On-screen/In-app help
* Product assistance documentation
* User guides
* (Interactive) graphics
* Animated gifs, how-to videos, video scripts
* Social media content
* Software testing
* Proof-reading and editing content for usability and readability
* Ensuring quality and adherence to standards and guidelines
* A university degree in technical writing, English, translation, or business administration
* Native English speaker (with a good knowledge of German), or native German speaker with excellent oral and written knowledge of English
* Experience or interest in technical writing
* Flexibility and readiness to communicate and collaborate with other team members and to participate in knowledge transfer
* The ability to work to deadlines, deliver on time, and ensure high quality
* Willingness to acquire comprehensive product knowledge and learn new skills at short notice
* Experience in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
* Business management knowledge is a plus
Previous work experience (at least as a working student or intern) and having lived abroad is an advantage.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Technical Writer, Developer, ERP, Business Manager, Writing, Technology, Management, Creative