Requisition ID: 2xxxx1
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Part Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The GS Human Language Technology (HLT) Team develops and operates various components related to machine translation and evaluation of machine translation quality.
We are looking for a highly motivated working student (f/m/d) for various implementation tasks, experiments and evaluations around Neural Machine Translation.
You'll be working as part of the engineering team and work on well-defined projects and tasks.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* You will adapt open-source NLP tools (e.g. sentence segmentation, entity recognition) for usage in an (COMPANY NAME) context, including data preparation, data annotation if necessary, training and evaluation.
* You will design and perform experiments on (COMPANY NAME) data in the context of Neural Machine Translation.
* You will support training data preparation for machine translation (data cleaning, data collection, data quality assurance).
* You will be available as working student for at least 6, preferably 12 months (please include when you expect completing your studies).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You are a currently enrolled student (f/m/d) at a university or a university of applied sciences:
* Studying preferably in the fields: Natural Language Processing, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics
* Having the following computer skills: Java, Python (at least one of the two), experience with Linux environment and shell scripting is a plus
* Speaking English fluently, German as a plus
* Besides that, you bring a profound experience in Natural Language Processing concepts
* Preferably you have: Knowledge about machine translation and machine learning. Practical experience with MT toolkits (e.g. Marian, Sockeye) and with NLP tools in general (e.g. Apache OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP, Apache UIMA). Practical experience with NLP-related deep learning toolkits and frameworks
* Previous work experience that included software development tasks is highly beneficial
Then YOU are the right candidate for this position. We are looking forward to your application and getting to know you.
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships). Please describe as well your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programs / programming languages.
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Germany #Deutschland #Student
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, (COMPANY NAME), Entry Level, Technology, Engineering