Requisition ID: 2xxxx4
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
About the team: Corporate Content translation service team within Language Experience Lab (Globalization Services)
Name any language matter - we will find the right people for it. You will be joining a team of project managers, translators, and interpreters who take the needs of their customers very seriously. Our customers are our (COMPANY NAME)-wide colleagues who are located in (COMPANY NAME) offices all over the world and all over the company (from board office to facility management). Our team deals with communication materials incl. financial reports, press releases, internal communications, external blogs, HR documents, legal documents, sales collaterals etc.). Parts of it are being translated internally (by our internal translators), other parts are being outsourced to our external suppliers (by our project managers).
When you join our team, you will immerse into a world of diverse cultures, work styles, technological challenges, translation styles - and lots of fun.
As a translation associate / project manager (f/m/d) in the Corporate Content team, you will autonomously carry out translation projects from start to finish. You will work closely with the internal customers on their requirements regarding formats, timing, quality and budget as well as with internal translators and external translation suppliers all over the world regarding the fulfillment of these requirements.
In close collaboration with your colleagues, you will also analyze the current tool and process landscape, work on hot topics like Neural Machine Translation and thus help us innovate.
* Consult internal (COMPANY NAME) customers on translation needs and requirements
* Plan, execute, manage and monitor translation projects with (COMPANY NAME)-internal translation management tool TED and current translation editor SDL Trados Studio
* Be responsible for quality, cost and delivery
* Interact with internal translators and external translation suppliers
* Participate in quality management activities
* Actively drive process improvement activities and process re-design
* Participate in testing of Neural Machine Translation engines
* Participate in evaluation of potential new translation editors
* Create, update and maintain internal process and tool documentation
* Engage in customer relationship management activities
* Ability to work on cross-projects with other teams within LX or beyond
We are looking for an engaged and passionate communicator who is not scared of technology, but rather embraces it as part of our journey to innovation.
* Degree in translation, computational linguistics, computer science or a related field
* Good knowledge of translation-related industry standard technologies, in particular SDL Trados Studio
* Basic understanding of localization and translation processes
* Knowledge of translation-relevant formats and technical requirements, e.g. tagged formats (like XML) are an asset
* Flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills
* Very organized with high attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
* Excellent communication skills, Fluent in English and German; an additional language is a plus
* Graduates welcome
* Internship or working student role in translation or related fields are an asset
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: ERP, Intern, Developer, Quality Manager, Project Manager, Technology, Entry Level, Quality