Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The candidate will be part of the Asia Information Technology/ Market (ITEC/MKT) department which is composed of around 100 people dedicated to deliver high quality IT solutions to Front Office business lines in the Asia Pacific region. The team is mainly based in Hong Kong.
Within that department, the successful candidate will be dedicated to the GMxB team involved in developing and maintaining solutions for a variable annuity business working closely with operations, trading and financial engineering users.
The main assignment would be to develop and support applications for the GMxB business
* Participate in application design and development
* Provide day to day application support of end users
* Help manage user requirements/problems and identify business priorities
* Communicate and report to IT peers
* Assist with other ad-hoc duties as assigned
* Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
* Academic background or a first experience with object-oriented development. (Java/C# preferred)
* Demonstrable understanding of object oriented design and development.
* Basic knowledge of Equity derivatives products
* Strong analytical mind
* Keen to learn
* Good communication skills and team spirit
* Well organized, reliable and quality oriented
* Innovative and passionate about technology
* Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract