Cork English College is a family-run organisation that was established in 1978. We take great pride in the service and personal attention we provide for each of our clients. CEC is recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland, for English Language Teaching (ELT). CEC is also a member of Quality English and of EAQUALS. CEC offers an extensive range of English language programmes for adults and juniors in addition to arranging accommodation, social activities, and excursions for students. In 2019, 2020 & 2021 CEC has also been named “Best Language School” at the Irish Education Awards.
Purpose of Role
To provide marketing/administrative assistance to the Marketing Department in CEC. This internship will be of interest to candidates looking to gain experience through the medium of English in a busy & dynamic marketing department.
• Assist the Marketing Department in various administration tasks
• Provide input and insights into social media content & campaigns
• Capture and generate organic photo & video content for various social media channels
• Assist with weekly social media reports
• Assist with the design of digital & hardcopy marketing materials weekly
• Contribute to marketing meetings & brainstorming sessions
• Measure and report on the impact of marketing initiatives
• Research upcoming marketing & social media trends that may be of interest to the marketing team
• Contribute to website maintenance and content
• Assist the Activities Co-Ordinator with research on upcoming events in Cork
• Preparation of activity information posters/documents
• Monitor student Facebook groups and prepare reports on this for the marketing team
• Ad hoc admin duties as and when they arise
You will receive support and training as part of the team for the above tasks.
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
Relevant Marketing Experience/skills:
• Understanding of basic marketing principles
• Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
• Basic photography, image and video editing, and graphic design (Canva)
• Experience with Wordpress and CMS
• At least B2 level of English with very good speaking skills. Candidates take the CEC placement test to confirm their level.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
• Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, business, or equivalent
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Previous experience with the use of Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro), video editing tools and social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Facebook business) a plus.
|Posted on:||29 Sep 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job starts:||As soon as possible|
|Job duration:||6 months|