Job Description :
Intern - Video Acquisition / Discovery Journalist
Are you a journalist immersed in the social web? Come work with the best in the business at (COMPANY NAME) at http://sxxxxxxx.xxx/ , the world's leading social news and insights agency.
Newsrooms rely on (COMPANY NAME) to find both eyewitness videos and the people behind them, who lie closest to the heart of the story. With offices in London, New York, Dublin and Sydney, we work every day with leading newsrooms, such as the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, ABC News, Al Jazeera and the Washington Post.
This role will work closely across our editorial team to discover and acquire timely news and viral video content in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about news, social media and trending online content.
You will have a background in journalism and know how to apply those skills to user-created content. You will also excel at verifying social content, and have excellent editorial judgment about what marks out must-see user-generated footage.
The successful candidate will be responsible for not only helping our team discover the key news videos dominating the day's news, but also managing the video acquisition process with content creators and eyewitnesses.
In this role, you'll be trained on our industry-leading technologies and learn our processes for finding and verifying social media content from news events happening around the world.
Foreign language and video editing skills are preferred, but not essential for consideration. This internship will require weekend and evening work.
This role will involve:
* Monitoring (COMPANY NAME)'s news/viral feeds and tools for emerging videos that will be used daily by news organizations around the world
* Identifying and acquiring the key videos within any breaking or developing story
* Verifying images, posts, and videos from the social web
* Writing clean, concise and accurate copy for publication on (COMPANY NAME) Newswire, and its social media channels
* Working to deadlines and set targets
* Work with the editorial team to find contact information for content creators and following up directly with those involved in stories
* Engaging in customer service with clients and content creators
* Manage the execution of licensing agreements with content creators
* An excellent command of the English language is essential, and comfort in speaking on the phone is a requirement.
* A fluid, natural communicator who can write copy for publication.
* A self-starter who is plugged into current events around the world.
* Expert understanding of social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, etc.
* Ability to spot emerging stories on social media, find the source, and verify the content
* Excellent computer skills including basic knowledge of spreadsheets and publishing within content management systems.
* Preferred but not required: language abilities and video editing skills are an advantage, but not mandatory
Job Category: (COMPANY NAME) - Editorial
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's social media intelligence agency.
Founded by Irish journalists as the first social media newswire, (COMPANY NAME) was created out of the need to break the news faster and utilize social content to add context to reporting. Acquired by News Corp in 2013, (COMPANY NAME) has evolved into a premium service for media, brands and communications. We are the leaders in social media contextualization and verification.
We believe social media is the key to a deeper understanding of global events and cultural phenomena. Our goal is to help our partners understand the attitudes, behaviors and emotions behind the conversations and movements shaping the world.
Powered by a unique ability to gather and streamline data from all corners of an increasingly complex media landscape, our team of journalists and researchers deliver clarity in a world of confusion. Our mission is to dig deeper into the nuance inherent in social media to establish context, verify the truth and, ultimately, to help our partners make sense of the world
|Posted on:||01 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|