To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
What is a Systems Team Intern?
The Systems Team Intern is responsible for supporting the Systems team in their KLO (keep the lights on), project and enhancement work. You will be a valued member of a team that ensures the internal (COMPANY NAME) staff have a fully supported server infrastructure.
This will require technical skills in server operating systems (Linux/Windows), virtualization (eg, VMware), scripting languages (shell, python) and soft skills in teaming, customer management, reporting and documentation.
Knowledge of Terraform, GitHub, Kubernetes and AWS EC2/Lambda/S3 technologies an advantage. Knowledge of Agile methodologies and ceremonies also an advantage
(COMPANY NAME) Business Technology has a wide variety of operations and engineering units in systems, storage and network , database management, security, audio visual and collaboration and mobility. Understanding an supporting these customers is essential to our success.
Position is focused on designing, deploying and operating our Systems Private Cloud Windows, Linux and VMWare Systems infrastructure. We use Agile methodology and SCRUM processes to plan and deliver the work of the team. We strive for the highest security standards with the value of Trust always in our minds.
* Design, deploy and operate physical and virtual compute platform
* Provide and maintain optimal access to Systems Private Cloud Platform
* Perform tasks to maintain highest industry standards of compliance and security (SOX and security audits and remediations)
* Respond to and remediate systems incidents
* Contribute to company wide projects for Business Technology team
* Participate in SCRUM processes
* Contribute to IaC transformation of our Platform
* Leverage Containers technology to support needs of our customers
* Configure systems and tools to automate manual tasks through scripting and scheduling
* Use configuration management tools to maintain configuration standards and make changes to the environment
* Ensure enterprise changes are tracked and controlled
* Document standards, best practices and policies for Unix server platform
Required skills and experience:
* Some experience/project work in technical support, systems administration, systems engineering and security administration
* Knowledge/Experience on VMware ESX and handling VMware clusters through vCenter.
* Experience on coding/scripting using Python/Ansible/Puppet
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills, ability to provide alternatives, root cause analysis, testing skills and ability to make thoughtful proposals are also among the skills required;
* Ability to quickly diagnose problems in the windows, linux or esx OS based on common tools (log files, application errors, configuration management tools etc)
* Knowledge of configuration management tools, ideally Puppet and/or Ansible
* Working knowledge of vsphere 6.5 and higher
* Working knowledge of infrastructure system services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SYSLOG, SSL, etc)
* Ability to code/script in any administrative language (i.e. Python, PowerShell, Bash)
* Ability to deploy virtual and physical servers based on the user requirements and organisation standards
* Ability to remediate security vulnerabilities on Unix OS
* Familiarity with version control systems such as GitHub (preferred)
Additional advantage would be:
* Experience with mission critical systems management in a large global organization.
* Exposure to DevOps and IaC best practices.
* Technical know how on CI/CD pipeline development and usage
* Understanding of Apache web services
* Experience as part of an on-call rotation
* Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Zabbix, Splunk, Nagios, etc)
* Operational expertise with EMC/Netapp storage arrays (carving LUN's, assigning storage to machines, troubleshooting storage issues)
* ITIL framework familiarity
About (COMPANY NAME):
(COMPANY NAME), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of (COMPANY NAME) are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. (COMPANY NAME) is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At (COMPANY NAME) we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at (COMPANY NAME) and explore our benefits.
Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm or (COMPANY NAME).org.
(COMPANY NAME) welcomes all
|Posted on:||28 Oct 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|