Description of the Business Line or Department
(COMPANY NAME) Securities Services (SGSS) is part of Global Banking & Investor Solutions (GBIS), a key pillar of (COMPANY NAME)'s universal banking model.
(COMPANY NAME) Securities Services (SGSS) has been active in Ireland for 20 years and is a leading player in servicing Irish domiciled and offshore collective investment vehicles. We act locally as fund administrator and depositary for a wide range of international clients who manage schemes from UCITS to AIFs including private equity and real estate structures, hedge funds and special investment vehicles.
The aim of SBO is to provide a full line of local and global custody services, as well as clearing, issuer and trustee services. It is structured around three operational businesses, one of those being Trustee & Depositary Services (TDS).
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role of the Depositary is to act independent of the Fund board/Management Company to ensure they are managed appropriately in all material respects and to serve in the interest of the shareholders. Reporting to the Depositary Supervisor/Manager, the Depositary Intern is responsible for overseeing first level controls regarding legal and regulatory compliance framework governing Irish and non-Irish domiciled funds.
You will form an integral part of the Depositary team structure working with your colleagues to achieve a common set of objectives.
Summary of key responsibilities
Preparation of invoices for third party administered Fund clients.
* Assist with cash and stock reconciliations
* Assist with Net Asset Valuations (NAV) and pricing control reviews.
* Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly client reports.
* Ensure prompt escalation to management of any issues identified.
* Contribute to the On-Site reviews of Fund Administrators
* Monitor compliance of funds under AIFMD/UCITS Regulations
* Cash Flow Monitoring
* Ownership Verification / Asset Inventory
* Fee Controls (including performance fees)
* Other such controls as may be required
* Good time management & organisational skills.
* Good numeric & analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Solid understanding of financial instruments and stock markets.
* Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
* Good level of English with excellent writing skills.
* Desire to learn new skills with a continuous improvement attitude.
* Be self-motivated with a structured and determined approach to work, and show a willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels
* Maths, Business or Finance qualification
* Fluent English, proficient in both written and oral communication
* Knowledge of French a plus
|Posted on:||13 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|