Investment Back Office - Trainee Accountant
Zurich Life Insurance are currently recruiting for an Investment Back Office Trainee Accountant in our Blackrock location. The Investment Back Office is part of the Finance function and includes the Investment Accounting, Investment Compliance, Unit Pricing and Settlements teams.
As an Investment Back Office Trainee Accountant you will receive exposure to all the teams within the Investment Back Office starting with Investment Accounting.
Overall responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Ensure that all daily tasks and controls performed in the Investment Back Office are executed efficiently and effectively in accordance with our Internal Control of Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework
* Processing of investment transactions and policyholder cash flows
* Daily verification and review of instrument pricing
* Daily pricing and review of unit linked funds
* Reconciliations of investment related bank and custody accounts
* Investment compliance monitoring and reporting
* Perform investment accounting and analysis, assist in the preparation of financial statements and financial regulatory returns
* Liaise with local Financial, Fund Administration, Actuarial and Group reporting teams
* Ongoing update of process and procedure documents
* Ad-hoc project work as required by business needs
Required Skills and Experience:
* Recent graduate with a third level qualification in a course with a strong financial or mathematical content, such as Accountancy, Finance, Business or Mathematics
* Willingness to undertake an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Computer literate and competent with MS Excel
* Very good written and oral communication skills in English
* Relevant financial services experience is an advantage
* Hi-Portfolio and/or SAP experience is an advantage
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
* Be well organised and capable of working to tight deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
* A confident communicator, a versatile team player and an ability to work on your own initiative
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Positive and flexible attitude to change
* Customer focused approach
Primary work location is Blackrock. Position is Blackrock based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Jemma Doran is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online".
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand - with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose - Let's Create a Brighter Future Together
|Posted on:||04 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|