(COMPANY NAME) was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. We simplify and automate recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have additional offices in Madrid, London and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 600 employees and 3,000 customers. In January 2021 we raised $125 million in 'Series D' funding, led by Index and Meritech. We're rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 100% CEO favourability and 95% would recommend a friend to work here. We are listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch and by GP Bullhound in their 'Titans of Tech' report as one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. In 2021 we will scale our Dublin office from circa 50 employees towards 200. Come join us!
At (COMPANY NAME) we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe. Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organisations across Europe. At (COMPANY NAME) you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organisation, and our engineering practices. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Join our team as an Junior Backend Engineer and collaborate with our Senior Engineers to shape our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, side-by-side with best in class Software Engineers. Here you will improve your developer skills in a high-impact driven environment. Be involved in the full cycle of feature development (from inception to maintenance), and learn about the architecture of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Our current biggest engineering challenge is to transform our legacy (PHP, Ruby on Rails) monolithic systems into Kotlin microservices. For infrastructure, we use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes. While we don't expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies already, we would appreciate an open mindset and the willingness to learn.
What you need to succeed
* At least 1+ year of experience writing web applications in an agile software team gained through student work and internships or professional working experience
* Production experience with Java (or other JVM-based language) and SQL-based relational database design (Postgres / MySQL)
* Object-oriented design skills. You can express yourself in language of objects and relations-and then implement it in code
* Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
* Curiosity. You are eager to learn new skills and technologies. You are always seeking to improve and grow
* Proactive problem solver. You are committed to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
* Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with international talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
* You are excited to be involved in the delivery of low to mid complexity features and the implementation of bug-fixes
* Strong written and spoken English
Why (COMPANY NAME)
* As you are joining (COMPANY NAME) at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
* We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
* We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive EUR1,500 of development budget every year
* We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
* We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
* Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
* Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
* Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
* #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project! You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we've recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
Apply for this position
About us Being a (COMPANY NAME) means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in 'Series D' funding in January 2021, making (COMPANY NAME) the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will double in 2021, from 500 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,000 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them
|Posted on:||31 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|