See yourself at (COMPANY NAME)
Join the team as our next Software Engineer Intern for a duration of 6 months.
Who we are & why we're hiring
(COMPANY NAME) powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to work in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2. As a Software Engineer Intern you will ship many different projects during your summer and learn to develop beautiful, profitable applications. You will be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern" as engineers at (COMPANY NAME) solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more. During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users. You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results and bring a willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment! You will also demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality and participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the (COMPANY NAME) Team.
Teams Hiring: Billing - This position will be part of a team of talented engineers within our Billing Platform who build services and products that operate at a massive scale. This platform is central to (COMPANY NAME)'s core business and is responsible for services to process all billing events and provides financial services for the company. The Billing Platform organization works toward building a platform for the future which hides the complexity that comes from sophisticated distributed financial systems.
In this role, you'll:
* Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team
* Bring in your expertise and experience to empower the your team and make things better in all aspects
* Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing.
* Build and operate your team's services in a production environment leveraging a DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
* Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, systems and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
* Design and implement various initiatives, scalable infrastructure solutions that meet (COMPANY NAME)'s high scalability & performance needs
* Perform detailed and thoughtful peer code reviews.
* Help building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on managed AWS services.
* Develop monitoring & alerting solutions that keeps our system's health in check.
* Internalize the set of good habits (development techniques, test driven development, load and performance testing, security, tech debt balance, Agile discipline etc.) that drives high-end engineering excellence.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. (COMPANY NAME) values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having "desired" qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering (COMPANY NAME). We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
* To be working towards a BS, MS, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* To have a keen interest in software development with several side projects and perhaps are a part of the open source community.
* To have a hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
* Experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
* Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
This role will be based in our Dublin office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at (COMPANY NAME), including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
(COMPANY NAME) thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values - something we call (COMPANY NAME) Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions
|Posted on:||18 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|
|Job duration:||6 months|