As the Tax Assistant your duties will include, but not limited to:
* Working closely with internal Policyholder Operations teams to review policyholder tax (exit tax and PAYE) compliance
* Reviewing VAT captured by Accounts Payable/Receivable
* Assisting with Tax reporting including VAT and corporation tax
* Liaising with internal Investment Accounting team and external custodian to monitor dividend withholding tax, ensure all withholding tax documentation is kept up-to-date and all withholding tax reconciliation items resolved.
* Review and reconciliation of unit pricing tax assets and liabilities
* Analysis and reconciliation of finance outputs for the quarterly and annual company corporation tax computation
* Always seeking opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements
* Ongoing review of controls and compliance procedures
Qualifications and Experience
* Background in insurance/investments/financial services a distinct advantage
* Finance/Tax trainee or equivalent
* Familiarity with SAP a benefit
* Experienced working to tight deadlines
* Only for internal advert
* Change your job, not your employer
This role is currently remote-based while Primary work location is Blackrock, Dublin. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Emma Freeley is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online".
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand. Zurich in Ireland is part of (COMPANY NAME), a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Under direct guidance, performs basic tax transactional tasks including preparing and distributing tax reports, checking requests and maintaining the assigned tax database to ensure actions are completed to appropriate service levels or defined procedures.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Tax Accounting area
* Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Tax Accounting area
* Microsoft Office experience
* Organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to update and maintain databases
* Tax or finance department experience
|Posted on:||09 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|