We are seeking talented students to help us build the next generation database platform. Join the team that is helping the world's most sophisticated organizations transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. Our internship program is based in our New York City office.
As an intern you will work directly with (COMPANY NAME)'s product managers, user experience designers and engineers. You will be fully integrated into the team helping to analyze user's pains and advocate on their behalf, mine various data sources to discover new product requirements, develop and communicate product strategy to relevant stakeholders, maintain roadmaps and prioritize product/sprint backlogs, and deliver & launch new capabilities to drive our product strategy.
Our summer program is comprehensive and interactive - you won't sit behind a desk all day. We have social outings (think team dinners, broadway shows, NYC sightseeing, and more) and an intern speaker series where you'll hear from some of the most significant and important people in tech today. You'll gain insight into what makes a billion dollar company run. At the end of the summer you'll be a better program manager and a more informed citizen of the world.
What we are looking for in you...
* You are in the process of receiving a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, or related fields. Alternatively you have a background in STEM and are now pursuing your MBA
* You have solid technical skills - our users are software engineers, DBA's, sysadmins, etc. Our product managers must be just as technical and have working knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, you should be comfortable diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
* You are an excellent communicator, both through verbal and written means
* You are curious and have a strong desire to learn and adapt; you are a self starter and thrive in ambiguity
What you'll find at (COMPANY NAME)…
* You will get a crash course in product management at a marquee tech company
* You will get first hand experience in how a $10B company makes short term and long term strategic decisions (despite our size, we have a very small, highly leveraged product team!)
* You will get hands on experience in building "deep tech" products, such as distributed databases
* You will get a mix of 'product experience', from building a business case for a new product line to tactical product management with engineering teams, to overseeing the commercialization of new products
* You will have a front row seat to see a major secular shift in the database industry
* You will understand the hard work necessary to consistently innovate and build a lasting business
*(COMPANY NAME), Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
|Posted on:||06 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|