About (COMPANY NAME)
A career with (COMPANY NAME) Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with (COMPANY NAME) is something you can feel good about.
About the role
We are delighted to share that we have a new role of Trainee Sales Manager four our Dairy business. This role will be based around the South West are of Ireland, so we are flexible in terms of your location. Reporting into a Commercial Director, the successful person will also be supporting our European business which is quite exciting so languages like French and Dutch are desirable.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, in return for your efforts we are offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits and joining one of the worlds leading food solutions business.
The Trainee Sales Manager is responsible for managing commodity dairy accounts and is therefore responsible for selling all relevant (COMPANY NAME) Primary Dairy and Whey products. The Trainee Sales Manager will create sustainable profitability for (COMPANY NAME) through developing and executing the strategic plan in close alignment with the Commercial Director based on a deep understanding of the account.
* Prospect and "close" new business opportunities through custom product and integrated solution selling to deliver profitable growth.
* Identify a portfolio of quality growth projects.
* Pro-actively defend current business: create barriers to entry to outsmart competition.
* Develop strong strategic relationships within the account's organisation including R&D, Marketing and Procurement and foster counterpart relationships within (COMPANY NAME).
* Demonstrate experience and understanding of the science and language around what we do: sensory / organoleptic, nutrition, labelling / legislation, manufacturing, RD&A processes, quality, etc.
* Understanding of the account's market, consumer trends, key players and competitive landscape.
* Work closely together with your dedicated (COMPANY NAME) R&D counterpart.
* Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly workstreams to internal and external stakeholders.
* Overall manage the account pro-actively, be on top of things in order to exceed customer expectations.
* Actively manage pricing of the account in collaboration with the Commercial Director & commercial finance.
* Pro-actively manages sales contracts with regards to phasing and forecast accuracy.
* Engages pro-actively and collaborates with other (COMPANY NAME) counterparts in the different regions.
Qualifications and skills
* B2B Sales Management experience in the Food/Beverage industry an advantage.
* Bachelor's Degree in food or related Sciences.
* Proven success in negotiating relevant deals.
* Good working knowledge of food science and how it relates to product development and its commercialization.
* Strong communication ability and excellent listening skills.
* Understanding of raw material markets and dynamics.
* The role will be embedded at the customer Global R&D center. Traveling to other relevant customer sites forms an integral part of the role.
* Language: fluent in English & another language.
* Positive, driven, articulate and persuasive.
* Good head for numbers: understanding costs, margins, profit and delivering shareholder value.
* High emotional intelligence and adaptability to different personality types to get the best from internal and external relationships.
* Passion for food, taste and teamwork to create great food that consumer's love and our customers can sell in volume profitably and sustainably.
* Strong in networking and building relationships across different levels of the customer organization.
* An influential, challenging and engaging style
|Posted on:||07 Dec 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|
|Languages:||English, French, Dutch|