To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Job Title: Summer 2021 Intern, Dublin - Security Incident Handler
Duration: 10 weeks
(COMPANY NAME) - the leader in enterprise cloud computing and one of the top 10 places to work according to Fortune magazine - is seeking an Incident Handler for our Computer Security Incident Response team (CSIRT).
The CSIRT is responsible for 24x7x365 security monitoring and rapid incident response across all (COMPANY NAME) environments. We are the 'tip of the spear' and the last line of defence protecting company and customer data from our adversaries.
The Incident Handler is responsible for executing security operations processes, including real-time analysis of security alert data and assisting in the response to potential security incidents.
This position is based in our Dublin, Ireland, operations centers.
* Currently enrolled on an Undergraduate or Masters degree, focussed on Information Security / Information Assurance, graduating in 2020 / 2021 (not MBA).
* Strong technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols.
* Strong technical understanding of the information security threat landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for securing systems and networks, etc.).
* Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix system administration and security controls.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
* Operational experience monitoring devices such as network and host-based intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, database security monitoring systems, firewalls/routers/switches, proxy servers, antivirus systems, file integrity monitoring tools, and operating system logs.
* System forensics/investigation skills, including analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, network connections) for indicators of infection/compromise.
* Scripting skills (i.e. Python/Perl, shell scripting) a significant plus.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At (COMPANY NAME) we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at (COMPANY NAME) and explore our benefits.
Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Sxxxxxxxx.xxm or (COMPANY NAME).org.
(COMPANY NAME) welcomes all
|Posted on:||03 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|