The (COMPANY NAME) Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This position is located in the Technical Cell of Campus Support Unit, within the Central Service (CS), at the UNGSC, Brindisi, Italy.
The incumbent reports to and works under the supervision of the Chief Campus Support Unit.
The Internship is for 6 months. One (1) post is available.
Our interns work as full members of our team, pursue projects that are designed to make a significant difference in UNGSC, and have opportunities to learn about the (COMPANY NAME) overall.
The Intern will be performing the following duties:
- Conducts research on ITACA standards or similar using multiple sources; selects relevant material, analyses information, and presents findings for internal review.
- Assists in Assessing buildings according to ITACA standards or similar:
- Assist in designing, organizing, planning and managing the collection, evaluation, analysis, compilation, reporting and dissemination of statistical data.
- Assists in preparing background documentation and creates graphically engaging power point presentations incorporating analytical data.
- Participates in meetings, conferences, and seminars, drafts summary reports and minutes as well as monitors and follows-up on relevant actions.
- Brings creative thinking to the team and being willing to share.
* Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
* Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, and responds appropriately.
* Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
* Tailor's language, tone, style, and format to match the audience.
* Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing
* Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
* Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
* Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
* Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
* Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
* Actively seeks to apply emerging technology across tasks.
* Keeps abreast of available technology.
* Understands applicability and opportunities of technology for the organization.
Please note that to qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent);
The field of studies must be closely related to the type of Internship you are applying for: Engineering, Architecture or related area.
The Intern is expected to:
* Be computer literate in standard software applications.
* Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
* Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Knowledge of ITACA Protocol is an advantage.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Interns are not financially remunerated by the (COMPANY NAME). Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
"In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship."
The internship is UNPAID and full-time (i.e. an intern is expected to work five days per week (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) and there should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
* Title of degree you are currently pursuing (what are you currently studying?), and the specific subjects taken.
* Graduation Date (when will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?).
* Your availability for the internship (start and end date): the minimum duration of an internship is two months and can be extended up to a total period of six months.
* List IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest/department preferences.
* Explain why you are the best candidate for the Technical Cell of Campus Support Unit.
* Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in, and three references.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Interns shall not be eligible to apply for or be appointed to any position in the Professional or higher categories or at the FS-6 and FS-7 levels in the Field Service category during the period of the internship and the six months immediately following the expiration date thereof. Applicants who are children or siblings of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). Applicants who are otherwise related to a staff member may be engaged as interns, provided that they are neither assigned to the same work unit as such staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of such staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means: (a) the child of a staff member; (b) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); or (c) the son- or daughter-in-law of a staff member. "Sibling" includes a half-sibling or step sibling.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||06 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||2 months|