This position is with (COMPANY NAME) Automotive Steering, within the Electric Power Steering assembly area. In this position you will support the production area with analyzing data in regards to equipment performance, downtime, quality rejects, organizational losses, cycle times, etc. The data will be used to improve processes and increase output.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but not limited to the following.
* Prepare data and slideshows for management presentations
* Support and mintain standard process performance data, charts, and dashboards
* Develop as a dependable organizational leader by converting raw process data into useful information for driving process improvements
Education and/or Experience:
Student enrolled in engineering related Bachelor's or Master's degree program: Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field
* Knowledge of programming (e.g. C, C#, C++, Python)
* Working knowledge of SQL servers
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
* Competent in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Outlook)
* Experience with PowerBI, Tableau, or Splunk preferred
* Interest in manufacturing and assembly processes
* Attentive to detail, structured working approach, high quality standards
* Confident, organized, proactive self-starter
* Availability to work on Monday mornings a plus
This internship is open to applicants with availability now or in Spring 2020. Not currently looking for Summer applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Position open to both part-time and full-time candidates.