Internship - FEA Tyre Analyst
Established in 1872, (COMPANY NAME) is among the world's leading tyre producers. It is the only pure consumer tyre company that includes car, motorbike, and bicycle tyres as well as associated services.
(COMPANY NAME) has a distinct positioning in high value tyres, characterised by an advanced technology with more than 2,700 homologations obtained, thanks to partnerships with the most prestigious car manufacturers in the world. In order to achieve the highest levels of performance, safety and containment of environmental impact, (COMPANY NAME) has always been strongly committed to research and development, in which it invested 6.1% of revenue from high-value products in 2019.
Involved in motorsport since 1907, (COMPANY NAME) has been the exclusive official tyre partner of the Formula 1™ World Championship since 2011 and has just renewed the agreement until 2023.
Within the (COMPANY NAME) Research & Development function, Modeling Motorsport, the activity involves technical support for the development of tires to supply the main world car manufacturers in the Motorsport segment.
The candidate will be involved in:
* Development of finite element models with Abaqus to simulate the steady-state and dynamic properties of tires in the Motorsport environment;
* Elaboration of indoor/outdoor test results;
* Development of an indoor measurement methodology for tyre profile analysis with dynamic acquisition.
1. Understand and use the main commercial KPI and market trends indicators.
2. Increase the ability to interact with other teams across the company in order to collect and share information effectively.
3. Empower the ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
* Basic knowledge of software required for the definition of a FEM model
* Fluent in English
* Experience with Abaqus is a plus
* Basic knowledge of Matlab
* Team working attitude
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to perform very well under stress
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (5 years)
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|