The Sourcing Internship Buyer will be responsible to support/execute the purchase of direct materials within the sourcing organization, for the commodities assigned.
He/She will be required to become independent in the process of materials purchases, from the Request for Quotations, to the final Purchase Order issue to the suppliers. Will be required to establish a direct contact with suppliers and with the internal functions, under the supervision of a senior employee within the organization.
A key element is to ensure business strategies are followed for fulfillment, quality, and cost to ensure purchase orders are delivered on time, in quality and with the expected cost savings to the business.
* Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced with optimum quality and schedule needs
* Require and review supplier's proposals, understanding cost and price analysis, together with the support of internal functions
* Support/execute the full purchasing process including activation of engineering for technical alignment of the quotations.
* Support Commodity Site Leaders in Year over Year parts re-quoting based on commodity strategy.
* Support key sourcing initiatives through continuous improvement projects.
* Identify opportunities for cost savings with suppliers and supporting commodity manager
* Support management of claims initiated by customer/warehouse.
* Bachelor's Degree in technical disciplines
* Willingness to travel as required
* Fluent oral and written English communication skills
* Strong learning attitude
* Proficiency in common software office applications
* Supply Chain Management training and/or experience
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. wxx.xx.xxm
Locations: Italy; Florence