Rivalta Plant is the home of Manufacturing for Gearboxes and Rotating Parts. We are looking for passionates about Operations that will work in an international environment for a 6 months internship preparatory to the OMLP recruitment process.
Starting date: January-February 2019
We are looking for several interns with a strong passion in cutting edge manufacturing technologies who can join the company and contribute to function-specific projects.
We suggest you to have a look at the job descriptions below and try to choose the best fit for you
* Monitors production processes from a quality standpoint to recognize improvement opportunities, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement effective Corrective/Preventive action plans;
* Promotes the awareness and compliance to the Avio Aero and/or specific Customer requirements;
* Monitors the quality indicators for the overall process, collect and analyze quality data and take part to the definition and following implementation and monitoring of improvement plans together with Manufacturing Engineer.
* Facilitate cross-functional project teams, mini or full Action Work Out (AWO) and single kaizen events in order to progress along the transformation plan;
* Effective Value stream mapping, wastes detection in manufacturing environment;
* Drive transformation execution on basics : 5S, SMED;
* Be GE Aviation Production System (GEAPS) advocate in the cell.
* Involve shop operators in transformation, with training & kaizen events
* Ensures Materials planning and timing;
* Creates and develops the KPIs reporting through a daily coordination and fulfillment issues.
Production Control & Inventory Synchronization
* Interface with the housings and gears shop on all
* incoming CPE hardware. Plan and execute all overlaps through full production rate.
* Manage shop CPE WIP to ensure assembly coverage, aged WIP burn down, adjust make/buy
* ratios, accurate launches.
* Involved in projects to optimize the stock
* Material in order to reduce the Delivery Issue and Inventory.
* Provide support to the Digital League pillars, daily support and collaborate on gathering requirements and contribute to achieve final project deliverables
* Mature and develop a strong knowledge on Avio Aero main manufacturing, finance and engineering processes, aimed to provide local support on business initiatives.
* Interact with business counterparts collect requirements and find creative solutions to their needs
* Suggest opportunities and best practices for synergies among different sites and function teams
* Acting as local Digital League ambassador aimed to drive tools adoption
* Be innovative, ready to challenge status quo and share fresh perspective
Please indicate in the application your preference in terms of role.
* Master's Degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace, Mechanical, Energy, Materials or Management Engineering from an accredited University or college
* Outstanding academic achievements - Top 25% class (final grade minimum 104/110 or GPA 3 out of 4)
* Knowledge of technical drawings
* English and Italian fluency, written and verbal
* Geographic flexibility and global mindset
* EU Work Permit
* Study or working experience abroad will be considered as a plus
* Previous work experience in Aviation industry will be considered as a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
* Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: Italy; Rivalta di Torino