Legal Intern - Intellectual Property
This is for a summer 2021 remote internship, you must be graduating December 2021 or later. Please do not apply for more than two internship positions.
(COMPANY NAME) is looking for a pleasant, encouraging, and outstandingly hardworking law student who is passionate about technology and intellectual property to join our legal department as a Legal Intern on our Intellectual Property team for summer 2021. As our IP Legal Intern, you will be exposed to nearly every aspect of a growing technology company's intellectual property program, including: patents, trademarks, copyrights, IP disputes, licensing, and open source software. We are a small but mighty IP team, which means you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to the organization and to help us develop a world-class IP portfolio.
(COMPANY NAME) has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
* Work closely with engineers, product managers and other cross-functional teams to identify new inventions and prepare to file patent applications
* Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, open source, IP and privacy laws, and other developments to be able to provide the most effective advice
* You will conduct detailed patent portfolio analysis to help inform our IP strategy
* Help identify and develop processes that either don't exist or that need improvement (we're not perfect...yet), and work with vital partners to drive adoption.
* Assist with special projects and initiatives
* Collaborate with the legal team of the fastest growing technology company in history!
What you should have
* Must be a law student entering 2L or 3L at a law school
* Engineering or Computer Science undergraduate degree preferred
* Strong academic record
* Ability to keep a pinky promise (and prove it) by protecting critical and confidential information
* Motivated to learn more about patents and the in-house attorney roles at a technology company
* A confident, upbeat, and positive demeanor, and eagerness to chip in wherever and whenever needed
* Identifies issues and opportunities, and knows when to alert members of the team of these concerns
* Must be graduating December 2021 or later
(COMPANY NAME) is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where (COMPANY NAME) is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. (COMPANY NAME) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
(COMPANY NAME) has transformed business communication. It's the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only (COMPANY NAME) offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. (COMPANY NAME) is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to (COMPANY NAME)'s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at (COMPANY NAME)
|Posted on:||19 Dec 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|