BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT DBS FINANCE IS LOOKING FOR INTERN - CORPORATE FINANCE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
FUNCTION: Corporate Finance
SALARY RANGE: RM1,500
LOCATION: Malaysia, Bandar Sunway
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and energised intern to join the CFOM team - The CFOM team is responsible for delivering our core monthly and quarterly financial planning and reporting activities on time, in full, and in full compliance with our business KPIs and controls.
Reports to: GBS Corporate Finance Manager
Geographic Scope: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
* Assist in business functions in the areas of Corporate Finance
* Driving the statutory and management accounting reporting process, verifying the reasonableness of the various financial reports, ad-hoc FI&A requests, and supporting various decision points from the monthly rolling planning (IBPM) process.
* Problem solving, communication with a variety of stakeholders, and ability to provide advice on or explain technical concepts will also be regular components of this role.
* You will be exposed to a dynamic Corporate Finance team during some of our busiest annual deliverables, gaining valuable experience whilst contributing to the success of the team during this period.
* Ensure OTIF completion of month-end close activities, ensuring a robust control environment is always maintained.
* Perform analytical review to ensure the movements vs. previous periods or vs. the previous forecast make sense.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant controls (including SOX) within the scope of the role.
* Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to simplify our ways of working and enhance efficiency & effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Final year students or graduate from Accounting/Finance Degree or Professional Certification.
* Eager to learn, dedicated, resourceful and able to work in fast paced environment.
* Good interpersonal skills, digital savvy, and a team player.
* Opportunity to grow within Finance team and expose in several projects in Finance function.
* Gain valuable work experience with global multifunctional and high performing team
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
* Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
* Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
* Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
* Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women's Day Best Practice winner
* Seal Award winner - one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference
|Posted on:||15 Sep 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|