Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Namibia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Cooperation Section & Political, Press and Information (PPI) Section of the EU Delegation to Namibia, starting in May 2021.
* Data research and help with the drafting of correspondence reports
* Assist in the preparation of professional meetings
* Support the planning and monitoring of the EU development programmes in Namibia
* If possible, assist in the preparation of an economic trade report to EU headquarters
* Support the PPI Section with the drafting and posting information on Facebook & Instagram and recommend innovative ways to attract a bigger following on these platforms as well as preparing video clips on projects or events
* Assist the Section with Cultural Events, such as e.g. Europe Day or other Visibility events, which may include logistical arrangements and administrative support
* Assist in drafting of daily and weekly Press Reviews
* Any other duties assigned by the Head of Mission
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
* Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Namibia will only be considered
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Dxxxxxxxxxemail@example.com and send the following documents:
* A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
* (CVs in other format will not be considered)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
* and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Cooperation Section & Political, Press & Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Namibia] must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.
|Posted on:||31 Mar 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|