Internship: Negotiation Excellence
Starting Date: May 2023
Duration: 6 months
Contract: 32-40 hours per week
This internship is not suitable to combine it with your thesis.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Experience how Game Theory and Mechanism Design are applied in practice in procurement within Royal Philips, an innovation leader in Healthcare and Consumer Lifestyle.
You are responsible for
* The organization of negotiation trainings and support in the continuous improvement of the training material
* Support the team during the preparation and execution of high impact negotiations in cooperation with Procurement Commodity Managers and Procurement Engineers
You are a part of
A small team of negotiation experts within Royal PHILIPS Procurement set up to globally support Commodity Managers in high impact negotiations of running business and new awarding. The team's responsibilities include the identification of projects, their preparation and execution. Part of the preparation is to tailor the optimal awarding mechanism design based on Game and Auction Theory.
You will be located at our Head office in Amsterdam. We do support also working home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Currently studying towards your Bachelor or Master in Economics, Business Mathematics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Math or related studies
* Knowledge in and enthusiasm for Microeconomics including Game Theory and Mechanism Design
* Independent and organized way of working
* Analytical and abstract thinking
* Excellent knowledge in Excel and Data Analysis
* Fluent in oral and written English
In return, we offer you
First hand, insights in the entire sourcing process with the experience how to systematically apply theoretical knowledge to business practice. Excellent career perspectives as 2 former interns hold now permanent positions in the team.
* Monthly full-time allowance between EUR500 - EUR700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
* Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, EUR300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, EUR255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
* Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. EUR145,- net
* Paid holidays per internship term.
* The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop
Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online interview recording. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue interview but will use this as extra selection criteria.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement - which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions
|Posted on:||15 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|