The Political, Business & Peace team of (COMPANY NAME) International would like to offer a full time paid internship to a suitable candidate who will be able to support our team with it's work. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, candidates must be already living in the Netherlands and have a Dutch social security number (BSN).
We are looking for someone who is available to join us from 15 January or sooner, for a period of 6 months. You will be working within a global team of experienced environmentalists and political experts and will have the chance to develop and execute a project of your own choosing (the subject of this project needs to be approved). Reporting to the Unit Coordinator, the work experience is primarily administrative/ logistical in nature, e.g., note-taking (in English), general meeting support, updating of documents and project plans, information management/ sharing, assisting with the compilation of the Political and Business Newsletter, as well as a wide range of ad hoc requests. A part of your time may be dedicated to working together with the global climate political team.
Work is ordinarily office based, in Amsterdam, with the possibility of occasional travel if/ when it will again be safe to do so. Working from home, however, is currently the norm for the majority of staff, with essential technical equipment provided. Subsistence costs will be covered in the possible event you may be invited to travel for work.
(COMPANY NAME) International has a number of measures in place related to COVID-19, in order to maintain a safe working environment for staff. This includes personal protection equipment (PPE), if attending the office, and detailed guidelines for staff and visitors; ways of working are under constant expert review according to developing circumstances and data.
Please note Internship fine print below
Required skills and competencies:
* Degree in Political Science, International Relations, other relevant degree or equivalent experience
* Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an advantage
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google mail and related applications, video conferencing tools, etc.
* Knowledge of/ experience in an area of international politics, trade, peace or democratic space would be an advantage
* 'Can do', flexible approach, friendly and people-focused, even when working under pressure, and in a fast moving, sometimes chaotic environment
* Self-confident, proactive, attention to detail
* Curious, full of energy and willing to learn
* Efficient in producing clear meeting notes in English
* Identification with (COMPANY NAME) goals and values
* Ability to act with discretion, and respectful of confidentiality
* Committed to diversity and multiculturalism
(COMPANY NAME) is taking action all over the world for our planet's future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
The Fine Print
* This internship is only available for candidates who reside in the Netherlands and have a BSN number. You will be required to work from home initially.
* An Internship is intended for students or recent graduates who have completed their studies within the last twelve months.
* Interns residing within/up to a distance of 150 km from the office in Amsterdam are entitled to 400 euros net as monthly stipend (40 hours per week). Interns residing beyond 150 km from the office are entitled to 800 euros net as a monthly stipend (40 hours per week).
* Internships are (in principle) full-time positions (40 hours per week) for a period of three to six months.
Applications must be in English, and consist of a cover letter of not more than 1 page with confirmation that you have a student and/or work and/or residency permit for the Netherlands, and a CV of not more than 1 page.
You may apply here. Deadline is close of business on 24 September 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this internship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(COMPANY NAME) International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment, of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply