Internship: Technical Accounting and Oversight (Non-thesis)
Start date: March 2020, or as soon as possible.
Duration: 6 months. We prefer students to extend their internship assignment.
Because this internship is not suitable to perform you thesis, we do require a presence of 40 hours per week.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the Technical Accounting and Oversight team (TA&O) specialists in performing research on particular accounting matters related to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and gain experience working on various projects, both in collaboration with the team and independently.
You are responsible for
* Assisting TA&O specialists in performing research on particular accounting matters relating to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
* Organize and help facilitate training events for the finance community
* Prepare accounting PowerPoint presentations for various stakeholders
* Help in performing financial reporting reviews
* Revision of Philips accounting manual
You are a part of
The Technical Accounting and Oversight (TA&O) team within Accounting, Reporting and Internal Control (ARIC) in Royal Philips. The TA&O team is responsible for the establishment and communication of the accounting policies of Royal Philips and for keeping these policies up to date.
You will be working at our Head Office in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Studying towards a Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree in: Accounting and/or Finance
* Background knowledge in accounting as part of your education
* Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
* Team player with ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
* Strong communication skills and a can-do, positive mindset
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Previous internship experience within accounting is a plus
In return, we offer you
The unique opportunity to contribute to the accounting knowledge within our organization while working as part of an international team and collaborating on many cross-team projects. We welcome you to grow personally and professionally, and become a part of the Royal Philips talent network!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)