Internship: Philips Capital Finance (Non-Thesis)
Start date: We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, no later than January 2021.
Duration: 6 months, with a preference for students able to run a 9 months internship assignment.
Due to the fact that this internship position cannot be combined with your thesis, we require a 40 hours per week to work on this internship assignment.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Become familiar with customer financing in a multinational healthtech company and gain insight in how different financing solutions play a role in meeting the needs of our customers.
You are responsible for
Supporting the Philips Capital team's opportunity management efforts by:
* connecting to the commercial organization in Philips and understanding what information they use for opportunity management;
* extracting data from databases (such as Salesforce) relevant to financing opportunities;
* investigating how to include financing information in such databases (e.g. installed based end of financing information) in a sustainable manner;
* preparing overviews that give actionable insights into where Philips Capital can help drive sales with financing solutions.
You are a part of
Philips Capital which is set up as the global customer financing team in Philips to develop and offer financing solutions for our customers. You will be a part of an international team of experienced financing professionals working on financing deals across the globe.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Currently studying towards your Bachelor in Science or Master in Science (WO) degree in Finance, Business Administration, (Business) Economics or Commerce
* Proficient in English (both spoken and written) is a must;
* An experienced user of Excel (advanced) and database tools and, preferably, have an understanding of opportunity management or CRM systems such as Salesforce;
* Looking to combine an investigative nature and a drive to improve the availability and quality of information for commercial success.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to be part of a dynamic, international team, learn about customer financing and make an impact with commercial thinking in a financial environment.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|