* This is a basic 6-month internship beginning in February 2021. As an Intern in Corporate Finance & Risk Solutions (CF&RS) you will work on both 1) the Large Corporate client portfolio spanning the Netherlands and Belgium and 2) supporting our Sustainable Finance Corporates Team
* You'll have the chance to gain exposure to NatWest Markets full suite of products, and interact with teams across the bank including Debt Capital Markets, Loan Markets, Corporate Advisory, Rates and FX, and Transaction Services
* You will need to understand sustainable finance instruments and market dynamics
* You have a passion for Sustainable Finance ratings, analysis and investment strategies
* You'll need to be fully fluent in both Dutch and English
What you'll do
You'll support the CF&RS team through conducting company and industrial data research, credit and financial analysis, sector research, peer analyses, and business origination related tasks. In addition, you'll work on a variety of sustainability data structuring and analysis projects, both for the purposes of management reporting and client materials
It's a chance to work with senior leaders in the bank and gain valuable professional experience, including:
* Company and industrial data research
* Supporting the production of educational materials concerning sustainable finance
* Structuring and executing transactions
* Financial modelling for specific transactions
* Drafting client presentations
* Managing clients' risks
* Undertaking financial reporting and analysis
This is an ideal opportunity for candidates looking to build a career in the financial industry.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who is fully fluent in both Dutch and English, and preferably studying towards a degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
You should demonstrate:
* A strong team ethic, enthusiasm and a rigorous approach to your work
* A strong desire to develop your financial analysis and modelling skills
* A customer focussed mind set
* A passion for sustainable finance and sustainability in general
* A genuine interest in business and economy related news
* Basic understanding of debt capital markets concepts
* The ability to work on your own and to show a proactive approach to your workloads
* The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in their work
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
NatWest Markets is the investment banking division of the wider NatWest Group. We provide financing, risk management and trading solutions to customers across rates, currencies, credit, securitised products and financing across the UK, Europe, US and Asia. Putting purpose at our core, we aim to be the partner of choice for our NatWest customers and their financial markets needs.
Our businesses and product teams work closely together. Our customers place a premium on insight and innovation, and we focus on origination, structuring, risk distribution and high-quality client coverage to deliver this.
Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, banks, hedge funds, and asset managers. Our integrated, cross-product teams anticipate the needs of our clients and meet them through excellent service and seamless execution.
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|
|Job duration:||6 months|