Intern opportunities in Business & Financial Advisory
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal ("A&M") is a global consulting firm with more than \$2+ billion in revenues, c7,500 staff and over 70 offices world-wide. We offer a broad range of professional services including Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
At A&M, we believe in the power of diverse teaming to solve complex problems, create value and drive change for our clients. We are a global market leader and we are differentiated as a firm by our professionals' unique, varied backgrounds that allow us to serve our clients across the globe with both a practical and innovative approach.
Our Benelux practice is an established part of A&M and our MD leadership team is a collection of highly experienced professionals across Financial and Operational Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation and Valuation services. They are supported by an exceptional team drawn from industry and professional services.
A&M Benelux have a unique delivery model that enables junior members of the team to gain extensive exposure to Managing Directors and Senior Directors thus empowering individuals to fast track their careers and development. We invest in high performing experienced candidates from competitor firms and top university graduates.
We are currently looking for ambitious Interns at the final stage of their studies to join our business in Amsterdam and work in specialist teams across Restructuring, Transactions Advisory, Valuations and Private Equity Performance Improvement. The internships will be for a six month term and starting dates are flexible.
Working as part of a team, the main tasks will include;
* Supporting clients including private equity firms, corporates and financial institutions in their pre-deal and post-acquisition, restructuring and performance improvement activities
* Contributing to financial modelling and analysis including cash flow models and projections
* Conducting research and analysis to contribute to client reports and recommendations
* Supporting Managing Directors and other senior members of the team with client pitch production
* Researching key information on company financials, business performance and additional key information
* Assist on financial due diligence and Restructuring assignments
* Graduate students currently enrolled for a Masters programme with a strong educational background including a focus on Finance and / or Mathematics
* Strong desire to progress in a career within either Transactions Advisory, Restructuring, Performance Improvement and Valuation services
* Previous experience in Audit or at an Advisory firm or a Private Equity fund is desirable but not essential
* Fluent business level English and Dutch is essential. Additional European language skills including German, French, Italian or Spanish are highly desirable
* Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The successful candidate will;
* Join a growing team with strong leadership, bright, energetic people with a truly entrepreneurial spirit
* Gain exposure to international projects on behalf of many of the most prominent organisations across worldwide
* We operate as a cross border multidisciplinary team and the individual will also experience insight to projects across Europe and other regions
|Posted on:||18 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||one month|
|Languages:||English, Dutch, German|