Events Operations Internship, Forrester, Amsterdam
*TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AS WELL AS A MOTIVATIONAL LETTER AND MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT BOTH A MOTIVATIONAL LETTER AND CV AND CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INTERNSHIP REQRUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION*
Events Operations Intern Amsterdam, the Netherlands Forrester:
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to develop customer-obsessed strategies that drive growth. Forrester’s unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 500,000 consumers and business leaders worldwide, rigorous and objective methodologies, and the shared wisdom of our most innovative clients. Through proprietary research, data, custom consulting, exclusive executive peer groups, and events, the Forrester experience is about a singular and powerful purpose: to challenge the thinking of our clients to help them lead change in their organizations.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
The position of Events Operations Intern sits within the European Events Team. Together with this dynamic team of events, sales, and marketing professionals you will work on event logistics preparation in order to deliver the best possible client experience during our upcoming European event, Technology & Innovation EMEA 2020, taking place in London 3-5 June 2020.
Based in Amsterdam, the Events Intern reports to the Senior Events Producer Europe. Over a period of 3 to 4 months (4 months max), you will learn and apply best practices in the field of Events Production and Event Management. During the internship you will mainly assist the Senior Events Producer with administrative support in preparation of upcoming events. This internship will give you a solid grounding in the field of event management and will add considerable weight to your curriculum vitae.
- Maintain strong communication and coordination with internal event stake holders such as the event team
members, event attendees and Forrester Leadership Board advisors.
- Manage event registrations in database and spreadsheets
- Keep internal event webpages up-to-date
- Maintain and order required event materials (signage, speaker gifts etc.) –
- Administrative support to the Senior Events Producer
- Coordinate the shipment of all required event materials to the event venues
- Assist with on-site event management (set-up, registration support, etc.) to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Post-event reconciliation of the feedback we received from our event attendees.
- EU NATIONALITY OR A VALID RESIDENCY AND/OR WORK PERMIT IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE INTERNSHIP. STUDENTS ALREADY LIVING WITHIN COMMUTE DISTANCE FROM AMSTERDAM ARE PREFFERED. TRAVELLING TO THE UK TO DELIVER THE EVENT IS REQUIRED.
- THE INTERNSHIP IS OPEN TO STUDENTS ONLY
- THE INTERNSHIP IS INTENDED TO CREATE WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF EVENT MANAGEMENT, A THESIS ASSIGNEMENT IS THEREFORE NOT OFFERED DURING THIS INTERNSHIP.
- THE INTERNSHIP IS ON A FULL-TIME BASIS (40 HOURS PER WEEK) OVER A PERIOD OF 3-4 MONTHS MAXIMUM (either April--June, April-July). AN EARLIERER OR LATER START IS NOT POSSIBLE
- FLUENCY IN ENGLISH (ORAL & WRITTEN) IS REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” mentality
- Travel to London is required (travel & accommodation costs are covered)
- Computer literacy is essential, especially on Microsoft Office applications and programs
- Familiarity with Salesforce and or event management platforms like Aventri or CVENT are a plus
- Occasional overtime to support business needs, particularly around the event dates.
- Hospitality Management or Event Management experience or a related study is a plus.
Here’s What You’ll Get:
- A monthly internship fee of 700 euro gross.
- Travel cost compensation if applicable
- Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies
- Access to research that influences global leaders every day Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities Internationally, spanning six continents
- Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, collaborative and fun to work with
- A solid foundation in selling, planning, executing and evaluating events
- Travel to London to support the upcoming event